• Forum membership has its advantages....

Wintershifters and TT can any one answer my ?'s

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Wintershifters and TT can any one answer my ?\'s

Sorry to bother everyone i just thought i would ask what all you know about winter shifters and shift patterns and if it is possible to do a winter shifter into a newer electronic transmission with auto overdrive is it possible by using a switch to trigger the overdrive or would i be forced to drop a C-6 transmission in it my last question would be in the TT that run 600+ horsepower with a c-6 transmission and 5.11 or higher ring and pinion gear how do they go into the 100 mph even with overdrive 85 is tops with 4.88 i am not pushing that much HP but i sure can dream anyways is it the fact that the engine has no rev limiter or what i am stumped thanks all.

Dan

THERE'S NO REPLACMENT FOR CUBIC INCH DISPLACMENT

V8Ranger

Re: Wintershifters and TT can any one answer my ?\'s

I'm not 100% posative but I belive you can just use a 3 speed winter's shifter and wire a button for overdrive if you have pushbutton overdrive such as an aod-e. Hope that helps.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

my friend did the same thing in his bronco, it was hooked up by a switch how it acually worked i dont know that much about those trannys(jet performance in huntington beach did his). we run a drag car also it has 4:56 gears and a 26" tire it goes [email protected] i think your lacking the HP it takes to do over 100MPH good luck....Mike

drtdevil93

you need to remember the tire size, they all run 37's.

erik