Wiring for norra tracker

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Hi guys. What do you guys to to enable the tacker to get power.
Not sure if its racing trax or Stella. Would a weather pack be enough to have ready

TRAVISD

Reaction
They do a crappy wiring job in Tech and you go pack to your hotel and fix it.

TRAVISD

Reaction
You wont know what tracker they are going to use until Feb maybe March. At that time they might let us know what to do and what they need for power.

toddz

Reaction
LOL Is there any way we can prepare for it now?
Regardless of what unit they choose, you'll always need a constant hot power source for it so if you want to get some wiring 'close' to where you know you'll mount the tracker, that will give you a bit of a head start.

Todd Z.

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Regardless of what unit they choose, you'll always need a constant hot power source for it so if you want to get some wiring 'close' to where you know you'll mount the tracker, that will give you a bit of a head start.

Todd Z.
yeah that is all I trying to do. We have truck apart running some stuff now so just wanted to do it now.
Im going to add a line with weatherpack connector on it for now

jeff

Reaction
They do a crappy wiring job in Tech and you go pack to your hotel and fix it.
^^^^^ This.

They always want power supplied by a fused but non-switched source - aka straight to the always on side of the battery switch for most vehicles. You can run it direct from a battery if necessary but if for some reason your battery poops out you have to make sure the tracker wiring isn't affected during a battery swap. In years past they basically twisted two ends of bare wire together and then wrapped it with electrical tape and zip tied it all to a tube in a little rats nest configuration. The unit does not draw much juice so size the wire accordingly. Depending on the vintage of unit you get (older vs. newer) the wiring might be a little different. Last year the tracker folks had a bunch of units get held up in customs just prior to NORRA. On one of our cars it had a decent "easy" wiring configuration only requiring one +/- wire power source... on the other car that got the "older" unit the wiring was different and we had to run a second set of +/- wires in addition to what we had already planned for. I think that was because the older unit required power for the antenna or something like that. My memory is great it's just not very long.

Aloha

Last edited:

Zambo

Reaction
I have a pair of binding posts installed in my dash wired hot to the battery. No matter what they give me I can strip a bit of insulation off the wires and connect it right up.
IMG_3740.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk