• Forum membership has its advantages....

With tears this I share

Curt LeDuc

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1465426386.269477.jpg
My first call when I returned from the Baja 500 was to Chaplin Steve Hanson. His mission is to be there for US, to help us with the good, bad and the ugly. He was in staging with the drivers and teams offering a small prayer and a warm heart to keep all safe and return home to our loved ones. We all know this was not the case at this Baja 500. Steve shared a prayer at the drivers meeting and with the family after the crash,with 3 sons of his own it was very close to his heart what these parents were going through. I feel we all need Steve at these races and that is why I started the raffle 5 years ago. July 24 Sunday at the Lucas race at Glen Helen race will be the only one this year to show your support for Steve and Racers For Christ. We need donations of products and team shirts for the raffle. Feel free to post here if you want to donate product or services and Steve will have a pay pal account so you can buy tickets on line. To me Baja is this simple, Chasing Dreams, Trophies,and Sunsets. Thanks Curt Leduc

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

BANNED4LIFE

nice work curt.....steve was ON THE SCENE in the wash doing everything he could......it had to be hard on him.....

nimrod

KOOK!
I hit Steve up today to see how he was doing. He told me he can still hear the mother screaming over her son. I hurt for this entire tragedy and I'm so grateful for men like Steve who do their best to be like Jesus for all of us.
He does this on a shoe string of a budget, all of his funds are raised by him, RFC does not pay him, they are simply the tax deductible vehicle that allows him to raise funds to be there for all of us.
Steve has a college degree and could make real money doing something else, he chooses to make sacrifices to be there for us. He puts my welfare ahead of his own, that's incredibly rare in the world today.
Thank you Steve.

Ruesch 25

Hey Curt,

Great job informing us on Steve's challenges to help us all! JPU's 125 new race shirts just came in and we need Steve's paypal info so we can make a sizable donation so he can continue to pray over us all!

Thanks Scott

deano

McDeano
Chappy has always been a main staple of our Offroad community - When real life sometimes throws us for a loop, but Steve is always in the trenches, trying to make good from something bad. He is well appreciated and loved by all -- Thanks for all you do "God Dude" ..

Chaplain

God Dude
Thank you for all the kind words above. The incident off the start-line was incredibly hard for everyone involved and only got harder at the hospital. Weeks later I still can't hug my boys enough and encourage you to do the same with your loved ones. Death is so final and sometimes comes without warning.

Regarding the fund raiser; new laws/regulations are making it harder and harder for non-profits to raise needed funds. No longer can we "sell raffle tickets" online, the RFC office is currently working on a work around as we speak.
For now you can call in for raffle ticket purchase to the office at 480.507.5323

Raffle Ticket purchases: (480)507-5323
Monetary donations: http://teamrfc.org/ministries/dirt-sport-ministries/
Product donations ship to: Curt LeDuc, 39067 Orchard St, Cherry Valley, CA 92223

Chaplain

God Dude
Jerry from Camburg is the first to step up with a huge prize donation. One of their rear end housings!

Curt LeDuc

I just got home from Baja and this was waiting for the Raffel for Chappy Steve
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1466483050.106872.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1466483069.655618.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1466483082.772038.jpg
from Lucas Oil,ARB and Skyjacker Suspension. Let's keep this coming. Thanks Curt Leduc

Curt LeDuc

Kartek stepped up with gift certificates for the raffle. Thanks Mike for supporting this event from the very first time and every year!

Curt LeDuc

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1467919752.829451.jpg

Funrise has donated to the event with 2 Tonka trucks and Gazillion Bubbles. So go online or stop by Kyles pit to purchase tickets at Glen Helen at the Lucas race. You need not be present to win!

Curt LeDuc

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1468022495.479799.jpg

Trail gear equipment is also part of the support for Steve. 5 seprate prize packs will be given away at Glenn Helen on Sunday. So stop by the pit and show your spirit.