• Forum membership has its advantages....

Wizard Schools Of Arizona, New Programs.

wizfab

<font color="#FF0000"><b>SPONSOR</b></font>
Wizard Schools Of Fabrication is the nations first hands on avocational hobbyist school that teaches a person the basic skills needed to safely build at home, their own off road vehicle. The school structure is built on teaching an individual the safe use of tools needed and the how-to's, so that they will have the confidence to build on their own.
The school will offer three basic how-to classes that a person can choose, depending on their needs. We will have a hands on class for the building of a roll cage. This class will teach an individual, the basics on how to use the different types of tubing benders and tubing notchers needed and how to safely structure their cage for maximum strength. The class would only last 36 hrs. ( four weeks ) going two nights a week for four hrs. per class at a cost of $950.00. The first class will be a four hr. class on shop safety and on the proper use of the tools. Next they will build a small mock-up chassis that will teach them how to bend and fit the tubing for strength and cleanliness. At the end of the class, they can keep their project as a reference win building at home.
The next option would be a class on welding. This class will teach an individual the basics of welding. They will learn how to set up the welder for the heat and thickness needed to weld on small tubing. They will learn how to weld with the Mig and Tig process as there different types of applications for these welds. This class will not certify or prepare them for work as a welder but show them the basics they need to get started at home, building a recreational off road car or truck. This class will also be 36 hrs. and cost $950.00.
The last option will be a basic class on proper off road suspension set up. This class is important if the person is going to build an off road recreational vehicle and does not have the knowledge on proper front and rear suspension set up. We will show them how to set the proper caster and camber angles, and how to get the most wheel travel without bump steer. They will build a mock-up spindle and set of front A-arms to fully understand proper placement of these components. They will also learn where to locate the shocks and rack and pinion for best performance off road. This class is also 36hrs. with a four hr. safety class on shop and tool safety.
These classes are intended for the home builder that needs the guidance on how to use the necessary tools and information needed to get started on building a safe off road recreational vehicle at home for less.
If you are interested in any of these class, please call for more info and a tour.
(602) 273-1596 Az.
(951) 683-4199 Ca.

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Very! Very! cool!!!! ... thanks for bringing it to AZ first!

If you have a desire to reach more potential students to keep the program alive, may I suggest that dirt track Sprint car and Modifieds are a big deal out here in AZ,... all the way down to quarter midgets... I wouldn't mind networking with students from those racing disaplines also during a class!

zetapsi827

Is the wizard school an accredited institution? If so, I won't have to pay for it. My company, Boeing, will pay for it through a voucher.

hammer down racing

Where in AZ is the class? What are the times? I live in Havasu and would love to do something like this but I may be too far away. I thought I heard something about a Wizard school in Vegas. Could this class be offered there in the future? Vegas is only about two hours from me and I might be able to attend.

wizfab

hammer down racing said:
Where in AZ is the class? What are the times? I live in Havasu and would love to do something like this but I may be too far away. I thought I heard something about a Wizard school in Vegas. Could this class be offered there in the future? Vegas is only about two hours from me and I might be able to attend.
Yes, there will be a school in Vegas. I am in Vegas as I write this looking at buildings and have good news. We should be up and running very soon, so keep checking this thread for updates.
The Wizard..........

Doug

We're currently taking enrollment for the AZ classes, so give me a call if you are interested.

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
i was just wondering if the AZ class in phoenix is for sandrails only.....will there be a TT class out here? it would be cool to by thought be like some of the geiser bros & or guys from crc...also, is there any thought of doing a class 1 car class? i thought i heard sometime that there was going to be, but in riverside..thanks

wizfab

bcampbell04 said:
i was just wondering if the AZ class in phoenix is for sandrails only.....will there be a TT class out here? it would be cool to by thought be like some of the geiser bros & or guys from crc...also, is there any thought of doing a class 1 car class? i thought i heard sometime that there was going to be, but in riverside..thanks
Yes, I talked to Danny Porter just the other day about a class 1 course and he said yes, we should. I will post all the info in the next few days. It will be held in Riverside for now. Stay tuned.............

Last edited:

Doug

As some of you may know Wizard and Alpha Male Powersports are now offering a “build your own sandrail” service at the AZ facility where you build a buggy frame with suspension arms and keep it. (The CA facility has a similar program with slight differences)

The service encompasses 40 hours of training on safety, how to operate the fab equipment, how to weld, bend and notch tubing, and the basics of chassis and suspension design. Since some people take longer to perfect their welding than others, we encourage people to continue practicing welding during the fabrication portion and not just stop after the 40 hours.

After the 40-hour training each person (or persons if you want to team up with a buddy or two) will get started on building a buggy chassis (those interested in doing a prerunner truck, contact me). We’ll have some standards you can use for reference, which will be different depending on what you build (for example 2 or 4/5 seat, rear or mid-engine, suspension type, sand or dual-sport/prerunner, etc.). While we can suggest certain styles, the “look” is ultimately up to you since you will be building it.

We will supply the shop space, tools, materials (DOM steel or 4130 chromoly), spindles (you fabricate) rack and pinion, heim joints and misalignment spacers, basically everything needed to build a frame with suspension arms.

This part of the program will have 140 hours allotted. If you need more time we can offer more time, basically like renting shop space from us for a reasonable fee.

After the chassis and suspension is finished you may either take it home to finish it or opt to complete it to a turn-key car at our shop. We will be offering all of the parts needed to finish a car to turn-key status as a complete package at discounted rates.

The different packages for tunkey kits include: Ecotec and a Bus or Mendeola "E" trans, Honda VTEC and a Mendeola “E” trans, and LS-series with a Mendeola 2D. Anyone interested in building a mini-buggy with street bike power, contact me and we'll discuss the possibility.

These programs are available now.

Cost is $1000 for the 40 hours of training and $9000 for the build-your-own service, which as stated means when you are done that frame and suspension arms are yours to keep (or finish as a turn-key). Chromoly tubing is extra. Tubing larger than 1-1/2" also extra.

Any questions, give me a call or post them here.