• Forum membership has its advantages....

Wonder what ohv land we lost this time.

Fourstroker

They are in the Mohave National Preserve. Hasn't been riding there for a very long time

bomber

All existing routes are still open unless they're under construction or being repaired from erosion hazards. I am leading a small group through the Mojave Road this weekend and a few weeks ago had checked with the Needles BLM office about any possible closures following the designation. None were open to OHV use prior to the new designations, so no impact there.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
My observation is that idiots do stupid stuff everywhere. When was the last time anyone proposed shutting down Yosemite because someone littered or broke the rules? Were there calls to ban "art" after that women tagged several national parks? Bad behavior is only used as a club when it comes to motorized recreation. Who is to say that these were not provocateurs used to make off-roaders, gun owners, etc. look bad?

DEZERTBOUND

My observation is that idiots do stupid stuff everywhere. When was the last time anyone proposed shutting down Yosemite because someone littered or broke the rules? Were there calls to ban "art" after that women tagged several national parks? Bad behavior is only used as a club when it comes to motorized recreation. Who is to say that these were not provocateurs used to make off-roaders, gun owners, etc. look bad?
I think all of us on Race-Dezert agree with your post. For me after almost forty years of off roading I know how much these stories hurt the cause. I just felt they should be shamed on this thread (site) regardless of their motivation.

mebedb1

[QUOTE="DEZERTBOUND, post: 1741991, member: 5060" shamed
Or be Identified by some Law abiding member of the forum...

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
So why won't they say who these douchebags are? Smelling a cover-up already!
I think they are ID'ed, but not apprehended, as of the latest pe.com report I've seen.

Wendell #527

About 20 or 25 years ago they shut down Panamint Valley to 4 wheeling. They couldn't find any endangered frogs, lizards, turtles or plants in the water, so they found hydrocarbons in the river and shut it down because of that. They presumed the dreaded hydrocarbons were there due to fuel being spilled out of gas tanks while we winched up the 3 waterfalls that were there. So a month later the rangers caught a group of Sierra Club members purposely dumping gas into the river. They still kept the trail closed. True story.

Tan Comanche

About 20 or 25 years ago they shut down Panamint Valley to 4 wheeling. They couldn't find any endangered frogs, lizards, turtles or plants in the water, so they found hydrocarbons in the river and shut it down because of that. They presumed the dreaded hydrocarbons were there due to fuel being spilled out of gas tanks while we winched up the 3 waterfalls that were there. So a month later the rangers caught a group of Sierra Club members purposely dumping gas into the river. They still kept the trail closed. True story.
That is is almost unbelievable. The Sierra club makes me sick. Such an irresponsible organization.

baja619

What is crazy is that Carbon is 1/3 of the most basic fundamental elements found on our planet.
Hydrogen, and Oxygen would be the other 2/3. But excuse logic because green day and democrats.