WOOHOO!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I can post now!!!!

so much to say, so little time.....

I run the Arizona RallySport Association

www.arizonarallysport.com

hope to see some of you at some of our events. Having a rallycross on Apr 27 at Canyon Offroad Park. Check www.rallycrossusa.com for info...

TimHayosh

Reaction
Welcome aboard Bill!
As I'm sure you've noticed, there is a great deal of interest in Rally and RallCross.

c-ya, Tim

Happy motoring, Tim

WRC

Reaction
So how did you find this little forum on a orr-road site anyway?

Sean</font color=red>

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Welcome aboard Bill,

Its nice to see race promoters (?) post here on rdc...feel free to tell us as much as you can about your organization and also include picture attachments.

Pictures always speak louder then text...

TimHayosh

Reaction
Klaus, Bill is THE rally promoter in AZ. The way I heard it, the Prescott Forest Rally was basically dumped in his lap in shambles. Bill managed this ProRally event with great results. Like too few promoters I can think of, he cares about his customers.

Well, that's my $0.10. I'll let Bill do the rest.

Happy motoring, Tim

Jimmy8

Reaction
I have been reading a little on the rally events here in the states. It sounds like the WRC really wants to come to the US, and most of the drivers do as well. I read one place that 2 of the venues they are looking at having the event when it comes to the states is Prescott, and Tennessee. I dont know if their is any truth to this, but Prescott suits me just fine, considering I am located there half of the week in school, the other half of the week in Parker only 2 1/2 hours away.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

WRC

Reaction
Speaking of rally in the US, Sno-Drift (SCCA Pro Rally) is on Speed Channel thursday night at 8:30pm after the pre rally XS show for the Cyprus WRC race.

Sean</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
well, I do appreciate the kudos from Tim.. I guess I am the man here in AZ. I have a good, but small, group of helpers (always looking for more to step up) to help with events. Prescott was dumped and we took it and ran.. we have high hopes for that venue...

Would love to have some trucks there, and give you all your own class and all. Might not be what you are used to, but it sure is a hoot!!!

As far as WRC... Prescott was never truly in the running, I had a few conversations with various people, and decided it wasn't something to pursue. We will be starting up a new event, based out of Phx, which has greater potential for supporting a WRC event. Right now in NA the big contenders are Rallye Mexico, Cherokee Trails, and Charlevoix. I see it going to Mexico, as they have better support from the country than the US and Canada. You all know about some of the wacky things done at Mexico events that couldn't possibly happen in the US. There are also too many lawyers in the US.

Glad to be here spreading the word. Would love to go to some truck events (yeah yeah Tim, I missed that last one.. :( ) and get a bit involved in seeing what you all do...

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Bill, we ran my prerunner in the ARSG Laughlin Rally a few years ago and had a hoot.
Not sure I'd ever do it again though because of dust. Problem was that we were
started last, behind the slowest classes. The promoter seriously underestimated
how swiftly a 7 liter race motor can move a 4wd, 5000lb monster down the track.
We were passing approx one car every two miles with 60 sec spacing and still
set times within a few seconds of Rys Millen and the other fast guys in Audi Turbos.
We eventually crashed out in heavy dust while trying to make a pass on a car upon
which we had a good 40mph of closing speed.

Let me suggest that to attract some of the street licensed mega quick prerunner trucks
that you should a) have an open motor rule since most are around 7 liters, and b) set
a realistic seed or timing gap so they don't pass your slowest classes. Just my 2 cents.