Worcs

RUFF_RYDER

How many people here do worcs races or know people that do it?
I have a friend who races works and talks lots and lots of crap about it being rougher and harder then a desert race(even tho hes never done one)

Pretty much i would just like to hear your views on the worcs series vs the desert series on toughness,skill,and fun

ColoradoZQ8

How many people here do worcs races or know people that do it?
I have a friend who races works and talks lots and lots of crap about it being rougher and harder then a desert race(even tho hes never done one)

Pretty much i would just like to hear your views on the worcs series vs the desert series on toughness,skill,and fun
looking on the website, i don't see how it would be harder then a desert race? :confused:

Dezertpilot

WAJ tell him to solo the 1000 then:)

Ironman601

WORCS races are generally and in my experience more of an hour enduro race. The tracks are usually pretty beat up from so many racers and races in a weekend and they usually throw logs and poles and all kinds of stuff in the track. Usually they try to mix desert with mx tracks. Its not walk in the park or no easy desert race.

450grl

If you are lucky enough to be a Pro WORCS racer, you will get to race WFO for 2 hours....on a BEAT up track full of square-edged, massive holes, tractor tires, logs, sometimes a 40 foot lagoon jump, etc......

WORCS is hard in a different way than desert racing. In WORCS you have 20 - 30 other racers beating down your door or riding on your a $ $ if you even think of getting tired or screwing up. It's CONSTANT competition that makes these races different than a desert race. If you are an amateur....not so bad. Only 50 minutes, but it's still 50 minutes of 110%, balls out MX and Desert course.....gotta be a good jumper/fast MX'er as well as a good desert racer to do well. Which IMO, is what makes WORCS races so much fun.

Plus, it's a full weekend of racing...you can double/triple class, etc.......

I would HIGHLY suggest anyone trying one who hasn't yet......good desert racers tend to do well in WORCS, but I think the good MX'ers have the edge.....;) It's all about controlling that adreniline!

kenaroo

looking on the website, i don't see how it would be harder then a desert race? :confused:
Go race the havasu WORCS race.. tell me if its easy..

totally different type of racing. Whats cool about worcs is that it incorporates all types or terrain. from MX to desert, to hare scrambles type tracks, etc etc The races vary from track to tracks.. and takes a very skilled rider to do well at each.

I like it because, I'm not a very good MXer but good off-roader. so where the mx guys kick my but on the track, I catch them out on the trail. makes for good racing.

I haven't made a worcs race in a few years but we have their sister series here in Texas (TORCS) that Sean and Pepper started a few years ago. we have a little more woods racing that WORCS .

what's also cool is that I get to race two separate races during the weekend.
I race the open A class on Saturday afternoon and race the Over 40 A class on Sunday morning.

It's also fun to be able to spectate the other races going on during the weekend

I highly recommend the WORCS series as I think it's the best series out there.

but if I was out west and had a choice of racing a WORCS race or a National Hare and Hound... I'd do the Hare N Hound. but that depends on which tracks..

RUFF_RYDER

I herd somewhere that Matlock was suppose to do a few this year?
Destry abbott does em and does fair in em
Also i think Mike Cafro is in the top 7 his first year

My experience with WORCS is trying to get my suspension just right. I can never get it perfect so I either just set it up for the desert sections or just the moto. Best race all year is the 8 hour night race! If you want to race WORCS do the 8 hour race!

Dezertpilot

Not taking anything away from dezert racing at all but have you ever raced or watched a WORCS race? It's not a joke just like desert racing is no joke. I bet you could win a WORCS race by a mile huh??
LOL far from it! Id be happy to finish:D All I am saying is both are tough intheir own right, I have watched a ton of WORCS races (On video:D) They arent easy, neither are.

Dezertpilot

Not taking anything away from dezert racing at all but have you ever raced or watched a WORCS race? It's not a joke just like desert racing is no joke. I bet you could win a WORCS race by a mile huh??
I was simply stating that his comment about desert racing was a joke not the WORCS series.

A Vance

Josh Fredricks who is the worcs atv champion is also a score and bitd champion. As far as i remember he says worcs is more demanding. There are alot of spots in desert to relax. You can not relax for one second as a pro worcs rider.

ACEwrench

apples to oranges guys...its like compairng Supermoto to MX; some similarities but different styles of racing. Bad thread, you must die!

ACEwrench

How do you think a Honda 700xx would do in a WORCS race??
it would do well in a rough, technical race. It probably wouldnt do as well on a track designed around a MX, which some are.

turbo

when we do open b it is last race on sat and is really rough.Doing both they have different things that make them hard desert racing is longer where worcs is a 50 min moto but you are on it that whole time and have 30 other bikes all runnin together.I still say racin desert is harder but track roughness is worcs.