• Forum membership has its advantages....

Word on the Streets

chino

I don't get that vibe. I think a lot of people respect BJ as a desert racer and a person, I sure do. I just think people are skeptical of online personalities or "influencers". Once BJ put himself into the IG limelight he gets judged a little different. A person that needs that kind of attention is the same person that can create a scenario to get more attention. I think thats just natural and is what is leading to questions.

No matter how you slice it a guy like BJ that has been handed is racing career will alway get looked at different than the guy that worked for it. Not saying BJ does not work hard but it was not his hard earned money that got him into racing.

I am on a pilot forum that has a forum section just for crashes. There was a YouTube personality that crashed his plane in the ocean and it all got on video from a friend that happened to be flying along with him with a camera rolling. I was the first to say something was off and I didn't trust this guy. I got killed and everyone said I was a total jerk. couple weeks later details started to emerge and eventually everyone agreed with me. Point is these social media personalities are a different breed and as a whole they are attention addicts.

Not saying that BJ created this and it seems clear it happened the way he said. I think he was prepared and did the right thing. I am just pointing out that its natural to be suspicious of this type of personality.

Mike
I get what you are saying, even as English its not my firt language, i am a "Baja Local" as often refered here in the forum, i guess being from Mexico i have a diferent perspective on everything gun related, as we are not allowed (at least legally) to own or carry the kind of weapons BJ owns.

My point is in regard to all the should"a, could"a, comments, none of us here whith the exception of BJ, his girlfriend, the survivor robber and the Nevada PD knows what happened that night, everything is especulation, as to what was the advice he received from his legal team, on this matter

Last edited:

green787

I think it's a live by the sword, die by the sword sorta thing.... The perp died by the sword.... BJ lives by the sword.... I'm thinking that carrying a concealed weapon increases the odds that you will be in a gunfight someday compared to someone that doesn't carry a gun....

green787

But he said the perp got off 6 shots..... then BJ returned fire..... Are people on a murderous rampage at 2:00am in Las Vegas....??? Or did the guy keep shooting after he got riddled with bullets....??? Excuse my confusion.... Whatever.... I actually don't care....
I was very impressed with BJ's ability to shoot fastdraw from the hip accurately like in a Western gunfight, and then bring the more modern lethal weapon to bare on the target and remain accurate.... Right there with Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday and them..... That takes a lot of practice....

Last edited:

jon coleman

I think it's a live by the sword, die by the sword sorta thing.... The perp died by the sword.... BJ lives by the sword.... I'm thinking that carrying a concealed weapon increases the odds that you will be in a gunfight someday compared to someone that doesn't carry a gun....
gun fight , verses slaughter, yup, 2 guns equall a ' fight'

JDDurfey

How do you figure that "carrying a concealed weapon increases the odds you will be in a gunfight"? If it is concealed then no one knows you have it. I have never needed a gun to defend myself, but I would rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it!

Last edited:

Nessy

Wouldn't you have no chance of being in a gun fight if you dont carry a gun? Or are you saying BJ was looking for a gun fight?

green787

How do you figure that "carrying a concealed weapon increases the odds you will be in a gunfight"? If it is concealed then no one knows you have it. I have never needed a gun to defend myself, but I would rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it!
Wouldn't you have no chance of being in a gun fight if you dont carry a gun? Or are you saying BJ was looking for a gun fight?
Don't get all wadded up.... Just a simple generalization that for instance, I am not allowed to own a weapon, so I don't have any..... So therefore, it is not likely that I will get into a "gunfight".....

Nessy

Don't get all wadded up.... Just a simple generalization that for instance, I am not allowed to own a weapon, so I don't have any..... So therefore, it is not likely that I will get into a "gunfight".....
Not "wadded up" at all, just trying to understand your point. If someone approaches me with a gun and I dont have one I am not going to be "in" the gunfight.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
There is some truth to it actually because carrying weapons makes one more brave than they usually are and you are more inclined to engage in risky behavior that you might not have done before. Weapons at the very basic level change the decision making process - flight or flight. Similar to mountain biking, it's been shown that the absence of a helmet compared to wearing a helmet, the helmet wearers were more inclined to take more risks even in situations where a helmet wouldn't save their life. I know it's apples to oranges and I'm hoping people don't take this the wrong way that leads to a straw man counterargument. If you avoided places before, you might not if you had a concealed weapon. You might have always wanted to but never given people a "piece of your mind" when you saw something you disagreed with. You might be more inclined if you had a concealed weapon. I wouldn't say more inclined to get in a gunfight, I would say different decision making and possibly more inclined to take unnecessary risks. Between armed and not armed, I know who I'd rather be though.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
I'm thinking that carrying a concealed weapon increases the odds that you will be in a gunfight someday compared to someone that doesn't carry a gun....
Are you still not allowed to own a firearm Green?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Just wondering, its been a while since we discussed it.

I could debate your statement on the odds of a gunfight odds increasing with concealed carry but I feel it has more to do with the person carrying the gun. If you go looking for a fight, you WILL find one.

I've carried concealed for over 25 years and never had had to draw my weapon. I tend to try and avoid situations that would put me in that position. like hanging out in an In & Out parking lot at 2am.

Using your theory, if I carried a fork in my pocket, my odds of coming across an all you can eat buffet should increase.

green787

Just wondering, its been a while since we discussed it.

I could debate your statement on the odds of a gunfight odds increasing with concealed carry but I feel it has more to do with the person carrying the gun. If you go looking for a fight, you WILL find one.

I've carried concealed for over 25 years and never had had to draw my weapon. I tend to try and avoid situations that would put me in that position. like hanging out in an In & Out parking lot at 2am.

Using your theory, if I carried a fork in my pocket, my odds of coming across an all you can eat buffet should increase.
That's right...!!! Live by the fork, probably die from obesity.... More like insurance statistics....
A lot of people need shooting.... that's one reason I don't want a pistol, is because I could get into some righteous cause, or simply brandish it, to intimidate..... then I would be back in jail all over again..... 52 weeks of court ordered anger management, taught me to run.... from anything.... especially women.....