World UTV Championships - Spectating and camping

TwistyItch

RDC Crypto
Website
liquidaider.com
I'm hauling a few newbies in to spectate at this race. They'll have a UTV to drive. Is there generally ok spectating along the course? Can spectators drive into the desert from the start/finish line general area?

Also, I recall there is a small patch of desert off the road leading north of the start/finish line towards Havasu City that people park and camp in. Anyone got input on using that as a home base? Specifically any bad experiences from leaving trailers and campers there while out and about?

I appreciate the help and advice.

nickc313

RDC Crypto
I had no issues leaving my trailer and truck out last year. But we were racing and were parked in the main area. Lots of people were in sxs, jeeps, trucks etc watching as racers came back in to the start/finish line area so youll be able to load the sxs up with snacks and beers and find a good spot to spectate.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
From what I remember last year it was really wide open to spectate, its all a bit OHV area. Usually the area is safe to leave a truck and trailer, just lock up. People long term camp there in the winter. Its nice to be able to roam, and there were plenty of good ridgelines to watch from.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
For what it's worth, there are only two spots on the race course where spectators can access the interior of the course. Should have a map of that up soon, I'll post it here for awareness. Because the Standard Wash area is relatively small and the race course zig zags back and forth in there, it's not safe to allow folks unrestricted access to the interior. There are two designated spectator access points you can use to get to the interior of the course. But aside from that, the course runs right along Highway 95 and spectators can access the perimeter of the course anywhere along there...all we ask is that you stay 100 feet or more back from the race line.

@TwistyItch feel free to email at jason@themint400.com for more info if you need it. Look forward to seeing you out there!

TwistyItch

RDC Crypto
Website
liquidaider.com
For what it's worth, there are only two spots on the race course where spectators can access the interior of the course. Should have a map of that up soon, I'll post it here for awareness. Because the Standard Wash area is relatively small and the race course zig zags back and forth in there, it's not safe to allow folks unrestricted access to the interior. There are two designated spectator access points you can use to get to the interior of the course. But aside from that, the course runs right along Highway 95 and spectators can access the perimeter of the course anywhere along there...all we ask is that you stay 100 feet or more back from the race line.

@TwistyItch feel free to email at jason@themint400.com for more info if you need it. Look forward to seeing you out there!

Thanks for the help (@nickc313 and @BRINGTHERUCKUS also). Last year I never had a chance to leave the start/finish vendor area. So I never got to explore. Izzy will be pushing out some data on spectating so hopefully it shows the 2 spots you mention. But i figured I'd ask here for extra input. I'll see you there!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Thanks for the help (@nickc313 and @BRINGTHERUCKUS also). Last year I never had a chance to leave the start/finish vendor area. So I never got to explore. Izzy will be pushing out some data on spectating so hopefully it shows the 2 spots you mention. But i figured I'd ask here for extra input. I'll see you there!
No prob. If you are going to try to take some folks out to see live race course, I'd recommend heading south of the start/finish jump along 95. As the course comes back in to the finish there are some nice rollers, etc that you can get up to from the highway without much trouble, especially if you're in UTVs. Not more than 5-10 minutes down the course from the s/f infield. Again, happy to help if I can, shoot me a message any time.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
Jason, I forgot about the course crossing areas, but I remember racing through some areas and thinking that it was neat people were allowed to get back there.

We aren't racing this year but doing the poker run and spectating.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Jason, I forgot about the course crossing areas, but I remember racing through some areas and thinking that it was neat people were allowed to get back there.

We aren't racing this year but doing the poker run and spectating.
I need to do a better job of meeting people in person, lol. Probably end up crossing paths with a lot of people without putting faces to names, etc.

We can't/aren't going to be able to stop everyone but generally speaking we definitely try to keep the masses on the perimeter. If we had more space it would be rad to be able to let people go where ever and enjoy the show. But as you know, some of those lines up and down the washes and ridges end up pretty close to each other so you can imagine how dicey that could get if we allowed spectators up in there that aren't able to tell where the actual race lines are.

I'll be out and about so hopefully I can try to say hello at the Poker run!