Worst Parts in Barstow

#75race

Reaction
After seeing the "worst silt beds" thread, I felt like doing one about the worst spots in my hometown course. In your opinion, what do you guys think are the some of the absolute worst areas to run in Barstow? As for my opinion on the matter, I have to admit, I've only competed in one race, not to mention, didn't get as far as I wanted to in it. So I'm making a decision based on only what I've run on so far.

One area I really disliked in particular, was about the last 1/2 mile (maybe less) leading up to bobby ferro hill, and then the hill itself. The road leading up to it is really rocky and choppy. Heading up the hill is kinda the same. Going down the hill was kinda unnerving for me. Just the thought of going down a one lane road with bending turns makes my stomach uneasy.

Okay, that's my story, so what are your guys' (and girls) opinions on the worst spots in Barstow?

BajaFand

Reaction
The college hills can be pretty nasty in something like a 7s.

Reaction
Sadly, I'd have to say the motel parking lots, where more racers have lost more stuff than anywhere on course. I hate tweek!

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Sadly, I'd have to say the motel parking lots, where more racers have lost more stuff than anywhere on course. I hate tweek!
That's a 10-4, only things I have had stolen at a race in the last ten years.....toolbox in Barstow at the hotel parking lot...50cc mini bike at the Terribles Cup 2007

onebuilder

Reaction
I agree also! Barstow has produced some great races and good times!

mawtrophykart

Reaction
Slash X on UFC Night can be dangerous.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I would say Main.... :cool::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

#75race

Reaction
I would say Main.... :cool::rolleyes:
That crash is almost legendary! Was that you driving? If it was, I'm sorry it happened. At least it looked good. But yeah, the course on main isn't too fun. If you don't drive the rollers just right, they can bite ya and send you over.

Tyler Scott

Reaction
mm 23-26 on the B course. We like to call that Potato Salad Hill
which is mm14-16 on A Course.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
I don’t know if it’s the worst, but it’s for sure the most unexpected. It's a mile after the Hodge drop/pit C heading towards main. You bang thru some bumps, hit a couple of turns and there’s a straight away you start getting up to top speed and 3 good holes come up that you cant see. You hit the fist one, that gets you all silly, you land right in the second one that throws you all out of control and the three-D one will finish you off.
I’ve seen and known many cars that have crashed there over the years.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Where Westhoff and Norris "lawn darted" in the 08 Holiday race. I call that area "The Falujah Trail".

There is nothing anywhere as nutty as that section.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
I did not know about that one.
The car in you avatar crashed there testing with King and a class 8 slide on it door for a 1/8 of a mile there.

Tyler Scott

Reaction
I don’t know if it’s the worst, but it’s for sure the most unexpected. It's a mile after the Hodge drop/pit C heading towards main. You bang thru some bumps, hit a couple of turns and there’s a straight away you start getting up to top speed and 3 good holes come up that you cant see. You hit the fist one, that gets you all silly, you land right in the second one that throws you all out of control and the three-D one will finish you off.
I’ve seen and known many cars that have crashed there over the years.
HAHAH yea thats " Escladed Quickly" as we call it. A buddy in his class 8, Alex rolled in a 7 truck there last year

Shaun_Kite

Reaction
I was just offered to move from Fort Polk, Louisiana to Fort Irwin, CA..which I am told is by Barstow? If The Army was to move me, how many prerunners/desert racers are in the Barstow area?

Tyler Scott

Reaction
im sure there are some in the Barstow area. But in a 100 mile radius there are a crap load.

Fourstroker

Reaction
You got that right. You will see a lot of racers out there testing on any given weekend. Case in point, I will be out there doing a shakedown this weekend preparing for a race.
I assume you will be at Hodge Road then running the powerline-ish road.