Would you do it ?

would you enter

• Total voters

MTPyle

Reaction
I would love to do it. I don’t think 5000 miles is OK but for sure could do Cabo to a Vegas or the other way around. I can’t imagine that’s 5000 miles. Haha

Mike

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
A Dakar-style race in both USA and Mexico is a monumental task, but a combined Championship of 2 races like a Nevada 2000 and Baja 2000 would be enough and you have 4000 miles in 2 events.

Promoters need to work to getter to unify rules, classes, numbering system, etc...... it's a PITA to explain to newbies why Class 1 has #1XX in SCORE and #15XX in BITD, Class 11 has #11XX in all Orgs, and BITD 55XX or worst Class 12 #12XX all Orgs and BITD Pro Truck #12XX.

Cage or Bike for 2 races of 2000 miles, Bike all the way.

green787

Reaction
Why not?? Go to Mexico????? The Tijuana police told me they don't like me down there..... But they still took my money.... I'm not putting at risk anything I own.... To watch a Trophy truck go by.....

E.Hagle

Reaction
How would the direction have an affect on cost? It seems either way you have to trailer one direction and chase the other or chase one direction and trailer the other.
Having to send down your entire team to the tip of the peninsula costs more than people trickling off along the way down

MTPyle

Reaction
Need to get Star Link to sponsor the race and have Sat internet in every race vehicle with live streaming.

what a great way to show off their network and what amazing content it would create.

let me just text Elon and make it happen. Hehe LOL

Mike

E.Hagle

Reaction
Need to get Star Link to sponsor the race and have Sat internet in every race vehicle with live streaming.

what a great way to show off their network and what amazing content it would create.

let me just text Elon and make it happen. Hehe LOL

Mike
Genuinely excited to imagine that idea coming to life

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Is a peninsula 1000 race not expensive enough?

Go race Dakar if you want to cross borders while you race.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Norra does multiple days down the peninsula and no one complains about that, not sure why adding a little length makes such a difference.

jon coleman

Reaction
Norra does multiple days down the peninsula and no one complains about that, not sure why adding a little length makes such a difference.
then it reverts back to what off road racing used to be, a lucky to win distance run , not the current hyper spastic sprint race freek show, i like the idea of a Loooong week of racing, tie in an iron man race with in a race, all classes can enter it, this can happen , also drag in the ev crowd to sell it as " green", common, lets get the party started

HartLessPerf

Reaction
As a non-sponsored Canadian racer, I'd do it. If the promoters can figure out all the logistics, I can pinch my pennies and make it happen. This is one of those events that if it takes place, would be a once in a life time adventure - and that's what we're all about. We already focus our year around Hammers because it's 2 weeks of pure adventure for everyone. Selling our crew support on an even bigger/more unique race wouldn't be hard.

After watching the show, I'm with Fish and think we're on the right track. I feel we're at a turning point and an event like this would cement the sport's upward direction.