• Forum membership has its advantages....

Would you ever race your desert truck/car short course?

Would you ever race your dezert race truck/car on short course

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I already Do

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

flyingford

Curious to see if people are interested at all at racing their desert car at a short course event. Just trying to see where people stand. The old saying was that a short course was equal to two desert races when it came to equipment wear and prep. With shocks, track grooming on short course, is this still true today?

swiftracing5

The cars are designed very different now in terms of gearing, Shock tuning, and overall suspension geometry. Like above, the short answer is yes, but would probably be nowhere near competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

down4glamis

No.

Do a lap around Barstow... Do 12 laps at Elsinore or Glen Helen.

I do both and the amount of damage and wear from Barstow far out weighs short course. The amount of money it took to race a season in the Regionals vs. SNORE was HUGE (related only to the vehicle maintenance and repairs)

biggjim

Purpose built desert car/truck can not compete on a track against a purpose built Short Course truck/car

Jimmy8

I've seen a Trophy Truck drive around the track at Elsinore. It's not at all interesting. A Pro Buggy would have whooped it in a race.

sb4pro

Would be interesting to see . Maybe if the TTs were set up like Robby , Bryce and Rob Mac did for Baja qualifying at Vegas . Other wise i think a purpose built P4 would kick ass

down4glamis

I dont get where he asked if a purpose built desert truck could take on a purpose built short course car? Did I miss something? Ray Charles could see that a desert truck would be no match for any short course car. And vise versa.

Sounds like he is asking if you would race your desert vehicle against other desert vehicles on a short course track.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
CORR did this years ago with TTs. TTs have way too much body roll for short course. It was a cool exhibition but not that interesting.

retroblazer

If there was another race at Pararie City I wouldn't hesitate to go, but I have no interest in running an Ulra 4 course with a rock pile in the middle of it.

biggjim

I dont get where he asked if a purpose built desert truck could take on a purpose built short course car? Did I miss something? Ray Charles could see that a desert truck would be no match for any short course car. And vise versa.

Sounds like he is asking if you would race your desert vehicle against other desert vehicles on a short course track.
He didnt but you think that if hes trying to get desert TT's to the track someone isnt going to bring a pro2 or 4?

down4glamis

I dont think anyone is going to bring a Pro-2 to compete against TT's. They are in different classes.

Battle at Primm is a mix of short course and desert and uses the old CORR track. I believe Evan Evans raced his P2 there a few years ago.

Fourstroker

I would love to see a short course truck take on the San Felipe 250.
That would be about the San Felipe 2 not 250. Those trucks are not meant for that kind of whoop action and aren't built nearly as stout.

desertspeed

CORR did this years ago with TTs. TTs have way too much body roll for short course. It was a cool exhibition but not that interesting.
I agree- as cool as it was to watch the TTs and the Truggy & other class 1's, they were relatively boring compared to the Pro -2s and Pro-4s. They looked slowwwwwwwwwwwwww............

retroblazer

There are cars that do the crossover better than others. Something like my Class 3 Blazer or Jeepspeed, 5-1600 Baja's.
My Blazer has finished a couple of 1000's and Crandon.

Steve Marolda

So let me get this straight. You're asking how many of us would say no to a chance to drive our race car. bahahahahabahahahahabahahahahabahahahahabahahahahabahahahahabahahahahabahahahahabahahahaha..... Hell yeah I would and did. I ran my 7S in the Mickey Thompson stadium series, had a blast and got paid to do it!