Would you go?

kdneo

So, I am supposed to leave for cabo on the 10th, but not sure if I should do it. I can't afford to get stuck down there if they close the border or something (work wouldn't like that). What do you guys think?

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Go to Cabo and have a good time, if you get stuck send me an e-mail on RDC and i'll find someone to smuggle you across.....

SEANY

So, I am supposed to leave for cabo on the 10th, but not sure if I should do it. I can't afford to get stuck down there if they close the border or something (work wouldn't like that). What do you guys think?
I would love to get "STUCK" down there.

Hayward Racing

What they all said ^^^^

ONE_RJ

There has not been any known cases in Baja Sur so far. I think it is safer there then here. Drink lots of Tequila to sterolize yourself and you will be fine.

RCJoslin

send me the Cabo tickets if you don't wanna go down there.

Mumzy

GO....more people are killed by drunk drivers in one month than have died from this so far.....

Live Your Life!

randy s

i'd go and i'd even use this as an excuse to stay longer. "they would'nt let me on the plane, so..........

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
i'd go and i'd even use this as an excuse to stay longer. "they would'nt let me on the plane, so..........
X2 definately GO!!!

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
how about this you stay here and i will go in your place sound good?

kdneo

hehe, thanks guys, right now I am about 50/50 on going, gonna keep an eye on the situation for the next 5 days or so. Another question, whats the best way to pay for everything down there? Pretty sure I don't want to take a pocket full of cash with me, what do you guys suggest?

CHASER

You have to go. Don't let the media fool you with all there BS. You will be fine. Exchange any US for Peso's. Atm's down there work good.

sparkypyro

Credit card transactions will get you the best exchange rate. We charge everything when we travel IF cards are excepted. When in Cabo back in February we never had a problem using the cards. You'll need cash though for the smaller shops off the beaten path though.And yes, I would still go now.We have a trip to Mazatlan in June and a cruise to Ensenada in August. Hoping this scare will get us lower plane tickets as the planes are flying almost empty at the moment.

kdneo

huh, I would have figured that Cards would be a terrible idea. So a minimal amount of cash, and just use my card then, I appreciate the help guys! Also if anyone has suggestions of things to do I would appreciate it. Taking my girlfriend down there for our 1 year, and neither of us have been down there, so looking for ideas.

sparkypyro

For purchasing goods or services, credit cards frequently offer the best rates, although it can be hard to determine what they are. "The process is not transparent," said Tim Jarrell, publisher of Fodors Travel Publications. "Most people don't know until they get their credit card bill how much they'll be charged for foreign purchases."

For example, while MasterCard and Visa charge a 1 percent fee for processing foreign purchases, banks may (and often do) charge an additional 1 or 2 percent. Save money by picking a credit card with the most favorable fees for international purchases. For example, American Express and Juniper Bank charge just 2 percent, and Capital One is especially traveler-friendly, with no additional surcharge, not even the 1 percent charged by MasterCard and Visa.

From the article....http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/06/25/travel/25prac.html

When traveling we use our AmEx for every purchase.