• Forum membership has its advantages....

Would you rather, Mint or ultra4 KOH?

Would you rather?

• Mint 400

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Ultra4 KOH

Votes: 35 72.9%

• Total voters

Robert Encinas

The Mint is not the Mint anymore..... It is a race CALLED "The Mint"....
[/QUO
The Mint is not the Mint anymore..... It is a race CALLED "The Mint"....
I agree. The "North Course" was the "Mint 400". Now its unfortunately the Gold Coast 300, Primm 300, BAP courses. The coolness factor is gone when its just a constant repeat of a previous race the month before or after( yes , I know i'm stating old races. But you get the point.) The bladed roads are another thing that has ruined it. There is nothing cool about a $5-7 hundred grand race truck going 120mph+ on a smooth road, nothing. KOH at Lucern Valley is exactly what desert racing used to be here in the states, wide open desert with very few power line roads. Does anyone on here remember the Great Mojave 250 ?

calstyl2

Devils question,
If it was part of a race series with both races tied to a points series....................what would the masses do.....

mig29

I agree. The "North Course" was the "Mint 400". Now its unfortunately the Gold Coast 300, Primm 300, BAP courses. The coolness factor is gone when its just a constant repeat of a previous race the month before or after( yes , I know i'm stating old races. But you get the point.) The bladed roads are another thing that has ruined it. There is nothing cool about a $5-7 hundred grand race truck going 120mph+ on a smooth road, nothing. KOH at Lucern Valley is exactly what desert racing used to be here in the states, wide open desert with very few power line roads. Does anyone on here remember the Great Mojave 250 ?
Yes, it was my 1st offroad race I attended in 1987 (?). SCORE Great Mojave 250. Ran into 1 of the Moser brothers (racing Class 6) just before the race in Lucerne Valley. I still remember Rod Hall (Class 4) getting starting in windy conditions. Walker Evans finishing behind Jim Venable in Class 8, with Walker going up to him at the finish-line..congratulating him

Yea, the current Mint 400 is poser -- not even CLOSE to the classic Mint 400 (north of Las Vegas) with the Rock Garden. Back then, pre-running was open to everyone (even spectators). Spectators could drive to spots on the race-course, nearly everywhere (some exceptions). That's why the KOTH is so popular..throwback to the good ole days

baja619

The old days are over.

If you want to race the Mint 400 get in line and breathe it in. If you dont, then do not.

If you want to race KOH. Petition Dave and dont hold your breath.

If you are a pro racing in the top tier, you should have both on your schedule.