Would you use this line?

• Yes

Votes: 77 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 50 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction
It is a well accepted line. SCORE did not penalize any of the 100 guys that took it at the 500. If SCORE does not say anything, I would take it again. The reality is that SCORE needs to make a very CLEAR policy and make it well know and enforced.

Two more things:
1) I am so tired of people using the word "Cheat" in relation to the penalties at the 500!
2) If you think this is a simple matter of "Stay on the course" then you don't know I failed spelling.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
I honestly thought this was gonna be a thread about a pick up line to use on the Rockstar girls.....:eek:

Giant Geoff

Reaction
The dirt bike line more to the right is better and cars are starting to use it but you only gain 1 car positions on the highway if you’re lucky and “IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE TOP”.
I’ve seen Riviera blow up a transmission trying to go up it.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Chain Guide -

YES, it was marked as an either/or. And the broke Score sign as late as 6/22 when I personally rode it. Silt was nasty.
What's your agenda?

You really trust what JAT posts?

I feel sorry for you.

JohnnyAirtime

Reaction
Chain Guide -

YES, it was marked as an either/or. And the broke Score sign as late as 6/22 when I personally rode it. Silt was nasty.
What's your agenda?

You really trust what JAT posts?

I feel sorry for you.
What's there to trust?! ... I never said it wasn't marked. How could I? I wasn't there. :rolleyes: The screenshot is legit and from an IRC tracker from that race. Please enlighten me to how untrustworthy I am... and how you came of such a comment.

randy s

Reaction
if it were an either/or deal i'd use it. these are the types of lines where score needs to be specific in my opinion. but if they're calling for the whole hiway section to be used with zero mention of it, then i would'nt use it. if they don't want you to run it, then that's where they should put a "W". i wonder if that were the course, how many would take the hiway because of less wear and tear? that line is not what i'd call a piece of cake that late in the race.

Elk Hunter

Reaction
I used it at the 500, no penalty.

Tipracer

Reaction
The bottom line is if you feel you might get penalized THEN DONT TAKE THE ALT., The tulips need to be VERY clear...This is gonna suck for Sal but if you have ANY questions about different lines then ask Sal, otherwise stay on the course or risk the penalties.

C.J. Hutchins

Reaction
Besides the bikes/Atv the only other classes that will even make it up that are trophy trucks and 1's. But it is a good short cut if you can make it. I also agree with ramsey, if you have never raced down there, you wouldnt understand, but it is not as easy as everyone thinks to just "stay on the course" There are roads and lines everywhere, and the markings are not always there.

JohnnyAirtime

Reaction
I wasn't there.
That's right...you weren't there. Why are you posting and commenting on others' tracks?
Cuz I can.:D

... is there some kind of secret law I don't know about? Or just you having a problem with me (again), and thats all you have to go on. By not answering the initial question or supporting your comment.:rolleyes:

Next please. Continue on. Nothing to see here.

Staying on topic; OH, and YES... I've taken that line. I'm such a cheater. :cool:

C. Bucher

Reaction
In the words of Katt Williams:

Uhhhhhh yeah!

Why not? As Ramsey said, it's an accepted line and has been for the years that I've been racing/chasing down there.

MALABANAN

Reaction
No. I would not use it, because, I would not make it. I raced Class 11, 5/1600 and 12 in Baja. If I raced a Bike, Quad or a TT, 1, 10, 5, etc... Hell yeah. Straight up that thing. Every past champ has used it!

D Bergstrom

Reaction
if they don't want you to run it, then that's where they should put a "W".
I also agree with ramsey, if you have never raced down there, you wouldnt understand, but it is not as easy as everyone thinks to just "stay on the course" There are roads and lines everywhere, and the markings are not always there.
Above pretty much sums up my feelings on the entire "cheating" scandal. I have never "raced" in Mexico, but I have been down to help people out. I race a quad in BITD, and if I come to a split and if there is not a "W" on one, or a arrow directing me to one or the other, I consider both a open line. I do not hve a GPS on the quad, so the only thing I have is course markers. If the course is not marked, how do I know what way to go? I know just about all of the truck/buggy guys have GPS, but how many quad/bike guys use them in Mexico? I know I would have a hard time trying to race my quad while looking down at a GPS to see if I was on course.

Doug