WRC Poland

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Who is following the World Rally Championship?

This weekend its Poland.
Starting around today and tomorrow there should be updated videos leading into this race on the WRC site.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Spoke to a relative at the race, they are having a blast!! I WISH I was there!!:(

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Here is a youtube of Loebs crash....

[video=youtube;6_O4G_J3WWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_O4G_J3WWU[/video]

During shakedown he was fastest. Check out the onboard.

Last edited:

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Tracking stage by stage and its amazing how Loeb keeps coming back stage by stage. After SS13 of 18 he is 19+ minutes behind the leader Mikko. Probably not enough to claim a Rally win. Mikko drives "flat out" and will continue to do so. Sounds like it is his rally but lets wait till the completion of the last stage tomorrow.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I looked to be a simple off course excursion followed by him getting stuck. Loeb's crash in the Acropolis Rally was a bit more spectacular.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzAq8Gvo9t8"]YouTube - Sebastian Loeb Crash WRC Acropolis of Greece 2009[/ame]

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I hate to say it, but with only two major teams racing, I've kind of lost interest in the WRC this year. I hope some of the other car manufacturers get involved next year and provide some more factory support. Does anyone know if VW still planning on joining the WRC or has that been put on hold? I heard the rumors after their win in Dakar they were considering it.

dirtyimpreza

Reaction
I hate to say it, but with only two major teams racing, I've kind of lost interest in the WRC this year. I hope some of the other car manufacturers get involved next year and provide some more factory support. Does anyone know if VW still planning on joining the WRC or has that been put on hold? I heard the rumors after their win in Dakar they were considering it.
True it is much less interesting for myself to follow:

1) Subaru World Rally Team called it quits. Petter Solberg in a Citroen is still fun to watch, but its just not the same!

2) Loeb (until recently) was just unstoppable and no one could catch him. It gets boring watching the same guy win all the time!

But now with Mikko up by one point, things suddenly got much more interesting. Sucks for Loeb in that video... looks like he was going to be able to get out, but not after seeing that front right tire.

Put the triagles out. You guys are done.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I just read an article from the British press saying Kimi Raikkonen will be racing a Fiat Abarth Grande Punto in next month's WRC Rally of Finland. Apparently he has raced in a few smaller rallies in the past but this will be his first WRC event.

The article infers he is actually racing in the top WRC class against drivers such as Sebastien Loeb and Mikko Hirvonen. Based on his rally experience, I would think he would be entered in one of the lower classes for his first WRC race, but what do I know.

Here is a link to the article,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/8583153