• Forum membership has its advantages....

WRC Rally Finland July 27-30th, 2017

down4glamis

Heading to Finland to watch my first WRC race in person. Purchased tickets for the Rally HQ and an AirBNB to stay in at the city centre. Been trying to contact some race teams and drivers to get some interviews or behind the scene look at what goes on in the paddock. Got a promising lead with Hyundai and their i20 race car. With a driver line up that is full of stage winners I hope I can get a chance to tag along and get an American's POV of how professional and competitive the WRC teams are in Europe.

Is anyone else from here going? Has anyone else been?

mattj112

are going over to event has official press or has spectator? I would recommend buy the rally pass ticket in advance has it long wait for buying tickets from rally HQ in Jyväskylä. The route is announced in march look at main rally website and through rally Finland social media pages.

rally tickets page -http://www.autourheilu.fi/en/shop/neste-ralli/rally-pass/ : get you access all special stages and side events at the Jyväskylä Paviljonki Rally HQ and Service Park during the whole event, on 27.-30.7.2017.

Front page - event website have look media & info page/competitors page for extra info in march time when events details are release.

It lot different to most events in north america lot more professional base rally and spectator numbers are high. You would see cars at high speed so be careful were you stand in stages.

Last edited:

down4glamis

We are getting 2 of the passes for the Rally HQ. Been talking to the Jani with AKK a bit to get more info. We plan on touring the paddock and the super specials at night, then going to the course to watch the race with the real action. Being a racer myself, common sense on where to stand and how to watch is not a problem. I am more worried about figuring out where to go for the jumps and the best parts of the course to watch from. The language barrier I hope is not an issue either.

Do you know how to get an international official press certification? Do you have any teams/drivers you work with? I see you are from the UK, we plan on flying in to London first, on our way to Belgium a week or so before the rally.

mattj112

best contacting the rally Finland press team regarding official press certification has strict rules put down by FIA regarding WRC media. language barrier sometimes problem but Jani possible help you there. Has for teams I don't work for any WRC teams in UK has I'm rally/race safety marshal but best bet to contacting Msport rally media people.

fia page on WRC media accreditation - FIA Media Center

down4glamis

Can I get your email contact?