WRC teams for 2003?

DougM

Whos going to be racing for what teams in 2003?
also when is the new season for 2003?

Jimmy8

Starts in Monte Carlo in January. Mitsubishi is taking a 1 year break so they can develop a car that can be competitive for the 2004 season. McRae and Sainz are both off of Ford. I will have to go with Marko Martin for the 2003 season. He will be out of a works car and into one of the Martini's I believe. He should do pretty well, but Subaru and the silver bulletts are always tough.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Who are McRae and Saintz going to race for? I never saw the last few races, so who won the Championship and what manufacturers championship? The silver bullets?

See ya in the dirt!

Waldo

Safehouse
Marcus Grunholm (sp?) / Peugot

Confucius Say - "For every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

Jimmy8

Mcrae is on Citroen, and Sainz is still in negotiations with Citroen. If Sainz doesn't sign with Citroen he may be out of a ride for the 2003 WRC season. I understand that Citroen has a pretty decent car, and sure has a decent driver, so they too could be a wild card factor next season. Ford just signed a Finnish kid named Mikko Hirvonen to a works deal for the 2003 season, and he will be running all the WRC events. He is supposed to be very good. It looks to me like Ford is looking to be good over the next few seasons and just not immediately.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Jimmy8

I just read that Sainz did sign with citroen, so there linup will be Sebastien Loeb, Colin Mcrae, and Carlos Sainz both over from Ford. I get all my info from autosport magazine from Europe, although it is a weekly magazine, it takes it a week to get here from Europe, so all of my info is delayed by 1 week.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
They should be a contender. Plus their cars look cool. That makes them go fast right?

See ya in the dirt!