WRX Performance Parts

jeff

Anyone have a local source for 2002-2003 WRX performance parts? I'm picking up a 2002 WRX Wagon next week and don't plan on leaving it stock for long. Thought I'd start by replacing the down pipe (possibly the up pipe too) and ditching the stock exhaust. Any recommendations? Anyone got a WRX in the SoCal area?

Aloha

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Is there a big difference between the wagon and the coupe in terms of performance?

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

jeff

Identical cars except the wagon is about 80lbs heavier and has different front fenders with less bulge - the sedan also has a slightly wider track width - the track width of the wagon is 20mm more narrow than the sedan. The motor, transmission, and everything else is identical.

Wagon = 3165 lbs - curb weight
Sedan = 3085 lbs - curb weight

Aloha

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

www.vividracing.com its in az but they have everything, I dont have a WRX yet but really want one, check out there forums too. id say get an exhaust and up pipe for sure, check into reflashing your ecu or getting a new one, www.vishnutuning.com, that place has great tuning packages, my friend who has a fully built wrx highly reccomends them

jeff

Well I picked up the WRX in Texas on Saturday at 11:am our time and was home by Sunday morning 6:00am. Almost 1500 miles in around 18 hours - with a pit stop for a TEXAS sized burger. The little WRX hauls ass. Don't worry, it was already broken in with 19,000 on the odometer. It's still under factory warranty so for now I think I'll run Prodrive parts on it and maintain the warranty. New exhaust, intercooler piping, and the Prodrive re-programmed ECU. Then some new 17" wheels and some new Toyo's. After the warranty expires I'll experiment with the other tuner stuff on the market.

Aloha