WTF is going on with all these "Social Networks"

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Ok I think this craze is getting a little out of hand!! :eek:

A friend just recently asked me to join yet ANOTHER social networking site... my response to her... WHY??? You can already reach me on 3 other ones... what's the point?? I hardly check the other ones now... why do I want to add one more website to my list of "ways people can contact me"

So I started thinking about how many of them are actually out there!!! It's crazy... it's a little weird too... I mean seriously how many different ways do people need to get in touch with each other... aren't cell phones, email and instant messaging enough??

Now we have to have MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, Loopt, WAYN and more!!! I get invites to these and other random communities all the time... when is it going to stop?? LOL

Here is a list of even MORE sites:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites

I'm not against these sites but why do people feel the need to sign up for ALL of them and then want you to do the same?? I'm fine with MySpace, Facebook (since I gave into peer pressure) and RDC ;) :D

Damn if you're my friend pick up the phone or stop by and say hi!!! :D:D:D:D

Just wanted to get that off my mind-thanks for reading and if you have any thoughts or are also spammed by friends to join feel free to post them up!! How many Social Sites are you connected to? Don't be shy :D LOL

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
i'm male and in my 40's. i thought about getting a myspace page...

...but then i remembered i'm not a child predator. :D

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Bebo?? So that's where Andy went!!

LMAO!! that's what I thought when I first saw it LOL it's an actual network like myspace though!! LOL

i'm male and in my 40's. i thought about getting a myspace page...

...but then i remembered i'm not a child predator. :D

Hahahahahahaaaa... I think then you would be more qualified for the Facebook or Twitter account ;) :p

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
Hahahahahahaaaa... I think then you would be more qualified for the Facebook or Twitter account ;) :p

i would sign up for a Twitter account if it allowed me to physically
reach through my internet connection and biatch slap Aston Kutcher...

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Please comment my Myspace pictures;)

hahahahaha

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
rdc is a social network

Yeah but RDC is cool and has a a point and is geared around a common interest. Except for the WTAR thread.

07FJRog

Reaction
i would sign up for a Twitter account if it allowed me to physically
reach through my internet connection and biatch slap Aston Kutcher...

hahahahaha I can picture that now!! Hand coming through Aston's monitor and Slap!!!:eek:

LOL

Susyq619

Reaction
I agree with you...Too many sites going on. I think its a way of realizing that too many people spend too much time online and not enough time face 2 face.... Talk about a Cyber Life!

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Yeah but RDC is cool and has a a point and is geared around a common interest. Except for the WTAR thread.

Even wtar has a point and common intrest.....to discuss nothing until a post race breaks out...

WTAR just has MANY points ;) :D

and the other sites out there also are geared toward a common interest... if you look at some of the less generic ones in the Wikipedia link...

I guess it's easier for most people to deal with a computer screen than actually dealing with people face to face... THAT is what makes RDC more unique... all of us at some point or another end up at a desert race, event, or just the desert at some point or another and meet and hang out face to face :) Most of us on a pretty regular basis :D

DailyPedal

Reaction
I agree...who needs em...maybe I am just too damn anti-social but I have a problem with people who ask to be my "friend" and have never met me or haven't contacted me in eons, don't communicate with me and are not close enough to have my phone number...friends, yeah, right

C. Bucher

Reaction
I'm only on Myspace for the ladies. So far its been "so so..."

Susyq619

Reaction
My favorite thing about the Internet is that you get to go into the private world of real creeps without having to smell them.
Penn Jillette
jejejej I posted it in the "whats your fav. quote" but it was a must for this thread too!

On another note... this gives me the chance to meet :cool:chicks that are interested in riding as much as I am if not more. ;)I'm happy here @ RDC!:D

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
My favorite thing about the Internet is that you get to go into the private world of real creeps without having to smell them.
Penn Jillette
jejejej I posted it in the "whats your fav. quote" but it was a must for this thread too!

On another note... this gives me the chance to meet :cool:chicks that are interested in riding as much as I am if not more. ;)I'm happy here @ RDC!:D
RDC is by far the BEST social group around :D :D :D