X-Games Rally Car finals 3-6pm sunday on ABC

RGFan

Reaction
Wow, what a suprise.....Kenny Brack wins.......He was very fast and smooth in the Ford. World class driving talent rises to the occasion. Pastrana was second and fast, but ran out of talent on a tight corner in the finals. Block and Deagan DQ'd with damaged vehicles and could not generate enough speed to make it up and over the jump, so they went around, hence the DQ.

aiiraciing

Reaction
What time was Rally shown on ESPN? Some how I missed it

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Some good racing and some lame stuff. Brack looked clean and precise all day. Block going out did not surprise me. Final was kinda lame, looked like neither driver finished the whole course. Pastrana did his typical win or break (or quit in this case). Not a fan of the commentators in the right seat.

The best battle was Brack vs Foust especially with the two different driving styles. Im not surprised the apex beat the drift.

Well done Brack.

focusarmy

Reaction
When Pastrana threw it away in the finals it looked like he didnt even counter steer to try and save it. He just kept the wheels turned. Seemed kind of wierd to me.:confused:

dislocated1

Reaction
Brack and Foust was by far the best race of the day..... Finals were a joke....

view from our crappy seats.... LOL kidding, vip suite was ridiculous!

Attachments

• xg1.jpg
    xg1.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 244

gary

Reaction
in the final, didn't they each have a half lap to complete when travis got stuck? trav hadn't hit the big jump yet, right? seemed like he just kinda gave up. woulda looked better to un-stuck it and keep racing, maybe brack woulda had a problem himself...oh well, that's racing...hindsight is always 20/20

i didn't like the co driver/reporter/snitch either. didn't really add anything...

michael_loomis

Reaction
from the in car footage.. he didnt even try. just gave up.

he didnt look wedged in from outside the car, as they mentioned. Looked like he coulda fired it up, backed up a couple feet and split.

spalind

Reaction
Some good racing and some lame stuff. Brack looked clean and precise all day. Block going out did not surprise me. Final was kinda lame, looked like neither driver finished the whole course. Pastrana did his typical win or break (or quit in this case). Not a fan of the commentators in the right seat.

The best battle was Brack vs Foust especially with the two different driving styles. Im not surprised the apex beat the drift.

Well done Brack.

How did Brack finish the finals?? They never cut to him "finishing", they just left the camera on Pastrana and his reactions the whole time and then when they cut to Brack he was already getting out of his car and I was left wondering why they never cut to Brack crossing the finish line??

dirtyimpreza

Reaction
Brack finished strong. I was sitting on his side of the stadium when he came in. He powered through all the way to the finished. Congrats to the rookie for sure!

Pastrana's car i believe had significant damage to his passenger side front wheel. He knew he was beat, so i guess he just decided to stop.

baja619

Reaction
I think the SuperLite Trucks with a little more speed sections and jumps would be a great platform to see at the X-Games.

Passenger seat is for Co-Drivers not commentators!

trentk

Reaction
I could be wrong but when pastrana broke on the course and couldn't move the race was over because Pastrana was broken on the section of course Brack was heading for. There would be no way for Brack to get through there so they didn't make him finish the lap.

Pastrana doesn't seem like a quitter to me, his car was broken. he obviously really wanted to win it for subaru based on his pre and post race comments.

trentk

Reaction
I think the SuperLite Trucks with a little more speed sections and jumps would be a great platform to see at the X-Games.

Passenger seat is for Co-Drivers not commentators!

I totally agree and that would be a big breakthrough for the series, lots of people who don't know what truck racing is would get to see it.