XR 650 tire

jjordan

Just wondering what everbody thought was the best front tire for the xr 650 running baja prerunning and desert riding....looking for a tire with slight edge to sand conditions.

worcs761

Dunlop 756 front and back with HD thick tubes. Drop the forks down in the clamps about 3/16 to 1/4 inch. Check the sag to 3-7/8 to 4 inches. Deep sand with a lot of turns. Turn the idle up a taste so you will not be stalling the motor. Braaap!

kenaroo

the new Dunlop GeoMax 51 is the successor to the 756.

I've been running the 90/100-21 in the front with great grip everywhere. the wider tire of the 90 series works great for the big thumper

Baja Fool

Dunlop 756 front and back with HD thick tubes. Drop the forks down in the clamps about 3/16 to 1/4 inch. Check the sag to 3-7/8 to 4 inches. Deep sand with a lot of turns. Turn the idle up a taste so you will not be stalling the motor. Braaap!
X2...especially the idle. These motors always stall at idle when run hard.

PARTS PIMP

i think facorty honda used dunlop d606 dot tire which i used on my 650 for ever it was a little hard but has a very small sidewall and is less likely to get pinched

jjordan

I have the Maxxis on now and it seems fine but I know on my old WR450 I really liked the pirelli mt18