xr50 craze

Mike_socal

Reaction
I don't get the xr50 craze. Are people buying these for their kids? There's one for sale in the classifieds for 4900. ?? It's only an xr50. I can see them being fun for about 15 minutes(it's my ADD). Anyone have one and can explain the facination a little better?

sirhk100

Reaction
I don't own one but have you ridden one? They're SOOOO much fun!!! Especially with suspension and some motor work. I've got some pretty cool video that a friend took if someone can host it from the races and freestyle comp a couple weeks ago. I can email it...

Khris

motoxscott

Reaction
Go to the ROR Time Trials event this sat, and you will be able to see first hand why XR50's are so fun.

Sorry for the shamless ROR plug.

-Scott

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
That ad is rediculous...ask Jordan what I had to say about that...the post wont go over well here!

Mike_socal

Reaction
I haven't ridden one so I guess that's what I'm missing. Where do you guys ride these things? They can't be street legal. Are people hauling them out to the desert?

Reaction
I have one with various modifications and i ride it all of the time. I go ride w/ about 8 guys most of the time. They never get old. I don't see this as a just a fad (ie. Go-Peds). They are also super reliable.

martininsocal

Reaction
Their great little pit bikes, and folks have started to race them for fun. As with anything, someone will spend a fortune to have a faster ride than everyone else and then it becomes a game of who can spend the most, kinda like lifted golfcarts. My son asked me why people spend so much on lifted golf carts and I told him because they have money to waste. He finally got the picture when he saw some listed for 12,000.00 bucks and said he could buy a race car for that much! We have a 1969 z50 that we restored and use for fun. The kids have bigger bikes for real riding. If you had a bunch of friends all with fiddy's and raced them on a little track for fun, its cool, but then someone has to go out and drop in the 80 motor or buy the big pipe, etc...

JBO

Reaction
we'll see in a few months if there's a bunch of em for sale in the classifieds section...

I worked a summer camp where I was the "mini bikes instructor" and we had 10 xr50's and little course for the kids to ride on...it was fun...the staff was pretty hard on them on the weekends too.
fun stuff.

michael_loomis

Reaction
is it crusty 1 or 2 where they have the crazy fiddy race ? watch that it'll help explain .

prerunner68

Reaction
Like what you told your father, If I have to explain it your too OLD! J/K

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Nothing like riding down the malecon in San Felipe in the middle of the day with your "homie" on 50's...
I ride mine to the local coffee shop in South Pas, and everytime I've been stopped by the Police, they just ask me where I got it from, be careful, and that it looks like alot of fun...

-Gabe

"XR50's Por Vida"

martininsocal

Reaction
Mike- they really do, considering they were built for kids 3-6! Growing up, for us, the only thing better than a z50 was a trail 70 until they released the XR75. We rode those things till the screws shook loose, and then did what we could to keep them running. It is amazing how durable they are.

Reaction
By the way... Who is going to race 50s @ ROR this weekend? Me and MSS are in. Who else??? Anybody want to place side bets???

tre5

Reaction
50's are fun in the dezert, or on the street. Check out www.sbfreaks.com. there are 2 videos on there that will give you another idea of why they are so fun.
TRE5