XRRA Rock Race Photos

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
At the airport right now in Grand Junction, CO. Covered the XRRA event out in Moab, UT yesterday. Wish I had way more time to explore the area more Here are some teasers. Thanks to XRRA for putting on a great event, and good job to all the racers.

Enjoy!

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Nice photos ---- intense competition, with crazy weather from hot sun to stinging hail! I fell down in the slippery muddy parking lot in the morning and almost took myself out of the media circus before I got to the course!

Rick Dermo won and that kid he has holding the checkers is a cancer survivor that is Dermo's biggest fan.

It seems like these rock crawler guys are getting faster and faster, they got the desert racing bug, I think. We media never used to have to worry about these guys coming into corners hot, but now they almost blow them! JT Taylor (of Speed Technologies) comes in so hot he rolls over once and almost rolls the next time!

XRRA is almost like short course desert racing, punctuated by big rock piles! too bad they don't put all the competitors out on the course at the same time! (the go two at a time, on side-by-side courses, for sanity)

WGV should have some competition video up tomorrow, Monday (courtesy of Pirate4x4.com)