• Forum membership has its advantages....

XX tech aand parts thread

Sdracer

My version of a rear solid / adjustable mount. We shall see how it holds up. About half the weight of stock and i would think much stronger. Found a brand new 2020 trans at $1850. Might be one more available. Weddle said get new if at all possible and that the gears in 20 up were wider.
Nice! Who was your connection on the 2020 transaxle?

Sdracer

Sdracer,
The Razorback gauge and sensor is set up normally, stand-alone.
The Lowrance HDS9 has the capability of a belt sensor input. Its also an infra-red sensor. We got
ours from PCI.
Chris
Ah copy that. I was under the impression you had the Razorback sensor hooked up to the Lowrance.
How much does the temperature vary between your two sensors from the different brands?

43mod

Close out power sports. I found them
On ebay at $2200. Sent them a cheap skate racer note and they reposted it to their website at a better price. Drop shipping from the factory to me.

fastcash

Ah copy that. I was under the impression you had the Razorback sensor hooked up to the Lowrance.
How much does the temperature vary between your two sensors from the different brands?
Sdracer,
We've only had the car out once with the new Lowrance and we had trouble with set-up on
the belt temp. As soon as we get it figured out I'll let you know. When we had 2 Razorback gauges
they were very close in temps.

novaman64

Curious to hear what ya'll are running for clutching setups (and what size tires)?

So here is where I am on clutching, still have some tuning to do...

Car setup is full exhaust (Trinity), Alba ECU tune, 32" tires.

Purchased a Speed SxS clutch kit (arms, primary and secondary springs, helix). Installed with the recommended weight config (heel to toe: 2-2-1-1). Hated the high engagement (4k rpm). Swapped back the primary spring for OEM, left everything else as Speed recommended.

Right now, when I stab the throttle, it takes a second or two, then gets to 9000rpm, and sits there to about 65mph, then the RPM start slowly climbing (let off around 70 so not sure what max speed/RPM would have been). Thinking about changing to 2-1-1-1 on the weight... Or should take off the toe 2-2-1-0?

I believe max RPM with the Alba tune is 9,800rpm.

fastcash

So we had the XX out for test day 2 yesterday. Perfect Idaho day, mid 60's, moist dirt. Most all team
members came out for a ride. Many had never been in a UTV, nevermind a full blown race car. Lots of
wide eyes and expressive comments.

Car was good, no issues. Full Speed clutch kit (kit recommended tuning) as Novaman has mentioned
the Speed kit has a very high engagement point, while not a problem for a race application it would
may not be a good choice for a play car. I like the Speed clutch set-up better for racing than the Speedwerx
clutch. The Speedwerx stuff would be better at a short course/play car application in my humble opinion.
We have Adam/Airdam building his full setup for us now and will report back when its tested. We did
take Adam's advice on the clutch exhaust cooling and it did make a seem to make an improvement.
Adam advises eliminating the factory clutch exhaust elbow and replacing it with a screen window
in the same area extending the window down to about the 2:00 o'clock area as you face the secondary.
It costs very little other than time and some chicken wire.

We have both the Razorback and Lowrance temp gauges working now and att they are reading
different temps. The Razorback always reads warmer, up to about 190 degrees, the difference
is only about 4/5 degrees but at Razorback 200 degrees the Lowrance was at 181 degrees, too
much variation. Need to talk to some people att to figure this out. Of course we decided to
go with the lower temp of the Lowrance unit (LOL).

For us, Alba's tune worked better than Speedwerx's Stage 2 Powercommander tune. Its not
a huge improvement but the Alba is stronger. Our race weight is VERY heavy and the Alba
is faster on top.

The Norra 1000 is only a week or two away right??

Chris

Chris and I take turns driving at the events. We decided that we won our class and got 1st overall at our finish of the Mexican 1000 ( postponed). We even brought some Race beer for the photo. We could have gone faster but there was a lot of local traffic on the course going both directions. Quarantine in Idaho is get out to ride so pit parking was crowded.IMG_0180.jpg

fastcash

I did forget about the big brake kit. We have about 80 miles on the brake
upgrade now and can say they feel very strong. As you know, our car is not
light and the big brakes are really stopping the car well now that they are seated in.
Chris

Last edited:

novaman64

I did forget about the big brake kit. We have about 80 miles on the brake
upgrade now and can say they feel very strong. As you know, our car is not
light and the big brakes are really stopping the car well now that they are seated in.
Chris
OEM pads?

What was your top speed with the Alba tune and clutch?

The GPS showed 78.4 but it was still pulling when we shut down. To much traffic and not enough clear straight. We plan to take it out on a gravel road and will report then.

Sdracer

OEM pads?

What was your top speed with the Alba tune and clutch?
I've seen 84mph and still pulling at about 9250 RPM before having to lift to the Turbo S we were catching. That is with Speed (Alba) ECU and Alba Clutching on 33" Tensor DSR's.

Nessy

I have seen 80 mph on a stock car except Alba header and tune at 7700 elevation. I was only able to turn about 8700 RPM with the stock clutch.