XX tech and parts thread

jon coleman

Reaction
has anyone tried different coatings/ friction materiel on clutch surfaces?, sounds like its a Narrow sweet happy spot on temp, belt, clutch, & some other variable im missingo_O

43mod

Reaction
Good info sir. Thank you. I can disable the fan easily by pulling the elbow off. I will try it both ways. I do have an ev fan over the secondary. Again thanks for the feedback i wish i had more time to learn to tune tjings. Need to stop working.

afortune46

Reaction
So here is out heat mitigation setup. I was wrong we have removed the 3rd inlet and are running out fan directly to the inlet that is on the cover of the intake. We also remove on some cars the outlet that clamps on the body and is the elbow.

On the cover we also cut it 4.75" from the last clamp on the flat part of the top side of the cover to the back side of the cover diagonally to the lower clamp above the CV (we still use that clamp)

Fan is a 400cfm squirrel cage, and we cover the second inlet with a frogzskin material so that tear offs do not enter the intlet tube - we sucked one in at ERX and it plugged the fan up and wrapped itself up and blew the belt.

Attachments

• IMG_6569.JPG
    IMG_6569.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6570.JPG
    IMG_6570.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6571.JPG
    IMG_6571.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6572.JPG
    IMG_6572.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6573.JPG
    IMG_6573.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 85

afortune46

Reaction
Yeah not too bad , 5 podiums I think it was and one win , was really cool having Todd Leduc in our pit and running the car , totally down to earth and just out to have fun and win - can't get much better than that.

pretty successful season all and all.

slvrbullet

Reaction
Who all has moved the stock radiator to the back? I was trying to avoid this but the heat is getting ridiculous and it doesn't seem to burp the air out all that easy unless on a incline. Does anyone have any pictures how they did theirs? Mostly looking at how you mounted it and if you used any shrouding. to direct air into the radiator.

afortune46

Reaction
Who all has moved the stock radiator to the back? I was trying to avoid this but the heat is getting ridiculous and it doesn't seem to burp the air out all that easy unless on a incline. Does anyone have any pictures how they did theirs? Mostly looking at how you mounted it and if you used any shrouding. to direct air into the radiator.

We do it on all of our race cars, use the oem radiator and fans , just made mounts on the cage, then brought a spar down - Im sure I have pics somewhere I can dig up. We dont use any ducting , just have the fans powered on using a switch and the only time we get hot is when the mud packs in otherwise we are running 185-190 WOT for 14 laps.

43mod

Reaction
Time to get this xx finished . Is there anyone who knows the xx wiring harness backwords and forwards ? I am clearly not the guy . I need some help getting this system up and going .