XX tech and parts thread

43mod

Reaction
Now for questions.
race car w speed 77 kit going together. What are the thoughts on limit straps f and rear ?
anyone w good wiring and tech skills really good w these units ? I would really like to clean up/ shorten the stock harness but dont want to create gremlins. I would love to add some stand alone gauges as well or some better / bigger display.
Any thoughts on brake upgrades ? I would like to be able to run harder in the tight stuff w out boiling the brake fluid.
slowing down is not an option. Trying not to let age and poor eyesight catch up.

novaman64

Reaction
Now for questions.
race car w speed 77 kit going together. What are the thoughts on limit straps f and rear ?
anyone w good wiring and tech skills really good w these units ? I would really like to clean up/ shorten the stock harness but dont want to create gremlins. I would love to add some stand alone gauges as well or some better / bigger display.
Any thoughts on brake upgrades ? I would like to be able to run harder in the tight stuff w out boiling the brake fluid.
slowing down is not an option. Trying not to let age and poor eyesight catch up.

Havent heard about the performance of them, but Trinity Racing is making a "big brake" upgrade kit...

In terms of gauges.. Maybe look at AiM... GPS speed, belt temp, and can add in whatever else (I would do oil and water temp)....

Total Loss

Reaction
In terms of gauges.. Maybe look at AiM... GPS speed, belt temp, and can add in whatever else (I would do oil and water temp)....
[/QUOTE]

Water temp is on the main gauge cluster.
What you need to do is bring up the bar graph for "water temp" and I believe you hold down the opposite button for a few seconds and the numerical indicator comes up below the graph. Not sure why Textron did not make that the default setting.

I am going to do an oil pressure gauge.

43mod

Reaction
Sure wish they would just make those disks round instead of art work. I have had similar disks brake. Thanks for the info

fastcash

Reaction
Havent heard about the performance of them, but Trinity Racing is making a "big brake" upgrade kit...

Guys,
Belt temp is a must, (we have 2 !!!!).
Lowrance for extra speedo.
Careful with the harness, electrical is #3 Utv off-road problem after tires and belts.
We have the big-brake kit on all four wheels, and will try it out this week sometime. I'll report
back. But honestly we only got the brakes hot in a rally situation (constant left foot braking) not while
desert racing, maybe test the stock brakes first.
Car is looking better all the time, you are really making some progress now. We are heading to the desert soon
for some testing, lots new on our car.
Chris

43mod

Reaction
Already had brake boiling on xx pre runner. Looking forward to your report. Seems like i read you can do belt temp to gps somewhere

fastcash

Reaction
Already had brake boiling on xx pre runner. Looking forward to your report. Seems like i read you can do belt temp to gps somewhere
43mod
Your correct, we have a Razorback gauge and a belt temp sensor for the Lowrance.
If you are boiling the brakes on the pre-runner, you'll need the big-brake kit, high temp fluid
and a smaller left foot (LOL). How much engine braking are you planning on using?
Chris

43mod

Reaction
I think your question is a clutch question. I am pretty ignorant on this subject. I can live w no engine braking , pretty much how a TL truck is set up. I do have an email in to Airdam, this is a great point to discuss w them and you.

43mod

Reaction
No real need for brakes anyhow. Have bumper and siren
FCD057EE-8248-4EA7-841A-C7A8E7895EAD.jpeg

43mod

Reaction
EE194C12-9F41-4650-BA3E-626B34D15A96.jpeg
We shall see if this is the happy medium between vibration reduction and holding the engine tight enough Clearly not too costly.

Attachments

• 03CF8A94-7BAE-4CD5-A091-3F47D41539D9.jpeg
    03CF8A94-7BAE-4CD5-A091-3F47D41539D9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122

43mod

Reaction
anybody w a line on a 2020 transaxle pt number 2502-713 ? shooting for a spare w out paying full book . front diff also .

43mod

Reaction
Moving on to the rear trans mount there is not really room for my okie fix like on the front. The stock mount has approx 1/8 gap thet the alum bushing center seems to float on the bolt, cant be good. I am thinking of junking the entire rear mount. What do you guys think of using the trans mount bracket w 1 1/2 1/8 wall tubes running up to the frame in a V shape. With a 5/8 or 3/4 rod end and double shear mount on frame near or at original frame mount ? It would allow a bit of movement and adjustment but not much.

fastcash

Reaction
"Idaho Motorcycle Specialties" is a great source of used parts. Jason is a stand up
guy and has been in the salvage business for a long time. They ship world wide.

We used the mounts from https://bruteperformance.com/ they are 100% solid with no slop. The engine/transmission
went back together in perfect alignment with no issues. The vibration was not a factor at WFO (LOL).

Our car went to the desert yesterday, great day, car good. Very short to do list. The big brake kit was
an improvement, not huge, but still probably worth the money, the brakes might get better with more use.

We had to increase the spring rate in the rear, our car is heavy, I think you will be in the same boat.

Keep it up pal, your doing a great job.

Chris

Last edited:

Sdracer

Reaction
43mod
Your correct, we have a Razorback gauge and a belt temp sensor for the Lowrance.
If you are boiling the brakes on the pre-runner, you'll need the big-brake kit, high temp fluid
and a smaller left foot (LOL). How much engine braking are you planning on using?
Chris

You have the Razr back sensor hooked up on the display of the Lowrance? That is awesome!
Would you mind sharing which adapter makes that happen?

sand shark

Reaction
You have the Razr back sensor hooked up on the display of the Lowrance? That is awesome!

PCI sells it.

fastcash

Reaction

Sdracer,
The Razorback gauge and sensor is set up normally, stand-alone.
The Lowrance HDS9 has the capability of a belt sensor input. Its also an infra-red sensor. We got
ours from PCI.
Chris