YB Brick tracker warning

Fire1998

Reaction
Just got an email from YB trackers about returning tracker. Apparently if they dont have it in their possession by Monday I'll be charged $1000. At no time was I given any instructions on where to return after race. I asked some racers and they had no idea. We just had a huge blizzard here and I'm stuck at home with 5' snow drifts. I probably cant get out till Saturday. Have to have a loader come clear driveway. This is just great news from Mint!! A useless tracker that we all paid $250 for!! Martellis are a joke and trying to make as much off us grassroots racers as they can!! Heres what I sent YB:
WTF!!!
At no time did anyone tell me where to return tracker. Tracker is off my truck and in garage. Have no lovely idea where to send it!!! Some info would have been appreciated!! Your tracker was totally unusable on Saturday. Kinda feel ripped off!! Please let me know where to send it.
Chris
Just a heads up!!!

Soupy

Reaction
I am in no way affiliated with YBTracker and just a volunteer for BITD races.

Copied directly so that people have the exact message and can avoid any late charges.

copied directly from Mint 400 Tracking Rules and Regulations – The Mint 400

• Trackers must be returned on the day you race, either at the finish line in Primm behind Buffalo Bills Hotel OR at Terrible’s Hotel in Jean on Goodsprings Road and Las Vegas Blvd. Look for the YB (Yellow Brick) logos and follow them to the return site.
  • Trackers that are not returned on race day are subject to a $50 per day late fee.
Please mail them to:
The Mint 400
Attn. Brandon Greene (YB Tracking)
29755 Kirsten Ln
Vista, CA 92084

• Please use a shipping method that includes a tracking # such as UPS or FEDEX or First Class USPS and insure them for $1,000. We are not responsible for units lost in the mail.
  • On Monday March 18th, any/all teams that have not returned trackers will be billed: $1,000 each. They must physically be in our possession on that day or you will be billed the total replacement cost as we are required by contract to return them on that day or pay to replace them.

Journee

Reaction
They took mine off my car when we finished the Race.

Journee
1628 Sometimes 2028

McCredie A

Reaction
You may want to explain to them your situation with the snow. Politely ask them if they are willing to provide you a time extension due to not being able to leave your home. From their point of view there must be a penalty for keeping them or no one would take the time to give them back.

mp_tx

Reaction
You may want to explain to them your situation with the snow. Politely ask them if they are willing to provide you a time extension due to not being able to leave your home. From their point of view there must be a penalty for keeping them or no one would take the time to give them back.

That option is probably off the table with the insightful email. Maybe read the Mint 400 manual completely before going off the reservation.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Well, I kind of agree. I live at 7100 feet and had my driveway clear within a few hours of shoveling and blowing after this same storm. Yeah, it's work, but it gets done.

MTPyle

Reaction
Sorry but I am on YB's side here. You knew it had to go back and it was not hard to find the info or call someone.

YB should care less about your little snow storm. You have their property that you agreed to buy if you didn't return in a certain time. You or someone on your team agreed to the terms Twice. Once when you registered and again when you got it.

The Snow storm excuse sounds like something my Daughter would say. She is also good at coming up with excuses of why she didn't do what she was supposed to do.

You asked for it by posting this here. I guess you thought everyone would have pity for you? NOT...

BTW- I am F-in sick of the snow also. So ready for summer or at least a hint of spring.

Mike

dislocated1

Reaction
All the info was provided.... the YB setup was less than a football field away from your truck and trailer in the BB parking lot.

Attachments

• yellowbrick.jpg
    yellowbrick.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 116

crazyeye

Reaction
Send it back and if they try to bill you dispute it with your credit card company.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
This is a crazy thought. Treat them like human beings. Take half of the effort required to create a whiny ass post on an internet forum and send a simple and polite email.

Hey, I screwed up and left with my tracker. We are getting some crazy weather but I will get it shipped it out to you on Monday. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

What a foriegn concept.

Kilian

_
Reaction
The email was from me, not YB.

You literally couldn’t even get one without understanding all of this.

Need a few extra days? No problem. We are responsible for getting 550+ of these things back to England, not just yours personally..

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 3.45.45 PM.jpg

Last edited: