SEMI-PRO

#1209-Chere Lehners
#509-Dave Brown
#14-Tom Kruse

CLASS 9

#999-Lee Creiglow
#913-Sigal Greenberg
#911-Tom Hatch

Some more notes from the race real quick..............

Billy Manfroy was rocking, but had steering box separation on Lap 3. Patty Hayos suffered from engine problems early on, but held everything together and brought the truck in to take 3rd place.

Class 9 had one DNF out of 6 cars entered. By the way, the #999 owned by the Creiglows, their first desert race.

Only two Class 8 entries. Word from Battle Born Racing was that their Ford wasn't ready to race yet. Unknown what befelled the #803 Ford while the #808 old school straight axle Dodge went down to a radiator developing a split.

About 2 pm, a monster (a breeze to this Okie
) came ripping through the course. Estimated speeds were anywhere from 40 mph to 60 mph, wrecking havoc amongst the course. This continued all day. Outside of the wind, the weather was pleasant and overcast. The word from the racers was the course was literally a shakedown and was a rough one. The Class 7's only ran 3 laps after a vote during the driver's meeting.

martininsocal

Reaction
Was Dave Brown driving the muddy rudder baja? I thought he sold it to the guys at one of the tire places in Ventura? That guy is fast. Good to see him racing again.

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
Got him listed as the #509.........Ran a 6:35. He was in a Baja, don't remember the details of the car though...........Have to wait til I get my pics back.

Big_Rich

Reaction
Complete results, with each lap time and total for each competitor have been sent to Billy. He should have them up shortly.

Also season points totals and how we figure everything.

Wow that was a lot of work.

Rich

PS.....Thanks again to all of those that came to Yerington to race. I had a great time, Now I've got to get back up there and drag the track......there some pretty deep ruts out there.

billymanfroy

Reaction
I do have the results and points. I reformatted everything and sent it all to our web guru Josh. Just so all of you know, we both have real jobs, so be patient with us. We know the points and results need to be updated, so sending in that 3rd email (x 35) to remind us really isn't all that helpful. We are working on a template system for future races where the results can be sent to us preformatted. This will save a lot of time getting it updated.

I would eventually like to be able to post the results, recap (That's you, Bubba Ray), pics, etc. and updated points the same day or next day after the event, but that would require Rich staying up all night after the race to figure them out. Maybe a short news flash from Bubba Ray with some pics would hold everyone over until the points can be published.

Stay tuned!!

Billy

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I would eventually like to be able to post the results, recap (That's you, Bubba Ray), pics, etc. and updated points the same day or next day after the event, but that would require Rich staying up all night after the race to figure them out. Maybe a short news flash from Bubba Ray with some pics would hold everyone over until the points can be published.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a problem on my end (except pics since I'm old school 35mm, will have to snag some digis from the others) since I take the laptop with.

CPaul

Reaction
........SUCKER!!!!!!!!!

And to think, i didn't really even have to TRY to convince you to get involed again!

HEH HEH HEH

curt

Reaction
The points calculator works fine now, if someone wants to get a copy of the finishing sheet to Patty at the end of the race, she can bring it home and I'll be happy to do the points workup and send it in ready to post by monday night after each race. She hits the road before the awards BQ after the dez races so it would need to be the same night as the race. I could also bring a laptop with the spreadsheet to the PC races and do it before I go....Curt

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
if someone wants to get a copy of the finishing sheet to Patty at the end of the race, she can bring it home and I'll be happy to do the points workup and send it in ready to post by monday night after each race.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could write up a copy and give her a copy right after the race. I could do up some computer generated forms so it would be legible.

Driftin

Reaction
Geez Curt it took 3 or 4 days to post the points and the next race is not for 6 weeks. Could we be a little more impatient? I seem to remember it taking alot longer than that last year.

curt

Reaction
Whoa Tom, that was an offer to help, not a critical crack. With the spreadsheet, I can crank out the whole points calcs for the entire race in probably a half hour and think the Vorra folks are still doing it with a calculator so it takes them quite a bit more time...Curt

Big_Rich

Reaction
Actually i used my 7 fingers, that's why all the mistakes

Kidding

anyway I can use all the help I can get.

Rich

Driftin

Reaction
You forget that I am a smart ass Curt.. No offense ment... Patty did a great job this weekend despite being wound up so tight. She passed us when the steering broke and not 5 min later Matt came by so I thought there would be a close finish there but I guess Matt had other problems. Kinda missed Oscar and Rodney... Did you hear about Matt spending the night out on the course Friday nite?

Big_Rich

Reaction
I almost spent last night (thursday) out there, I was picking up the markers and signs, when low and behold, I smoked a power lead (pinched). Luckly I had everything I needed to make the repair and made it home to Placerville after 1am this morning.
I had everything but a change of cloths, which would had been nice so I could of stayed the night at a hotel.
Next time.......
Rich

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
Did you hear about Matt spending the night out on the course Friday nite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the story from Matt Sunday morning. I'm sure it'll be mentioned in my write-up.

billymanfroy

Reaction
That was a funny story (well after finding out he was OK that is). He said they walked "at least 20 miles" towards some lights but they never got any closer....

I told him those were stars! HAHAHAHA

Billy

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
That was a funny story (well after finding out he was OK that is). He said they walked "at least 20 miles" towards some lights but they never got any closer....

I told him those were stars! HAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

When he was telling me the story, kind of reminded me of a little walk about I took in the dez a few years ago. Of course I had water and a radio, but I also had my winter boots on