Yerington!!!!

1971Ford

Reaction
my favorite!

Are you ready? less than 2 weeks.....

Im struggling to get my '71 f250 ready and its not even going to be raced. Ive got some gauges to install to keep an eye on things on the trip, I need to re-do my left rear hub due to a bad seal, spark plug change, oil change, plumb my fuel cell, fix choke, clean interior and replace air filter on dirt bike, . I won't have time to put the new transmission in but thats no biggy.
Ill be out and about this time. I will be pretty busy taking pictures of Rescue Racing's pit and crew, helping chase for Steve S., riding dirtbike around taking pictures of everyone with new camera. Im excited

Roger Gray

Reaction
What are you talking about Ryan????? Thats plenty of time to get stuff done. Lol. That is usually our list 2 days prior to the race.
We are waiting for the 3rd member to come back from magnafluxing and all the power steering parts to come back from inspection.
Yerington is one of my favorites also. This year is extra special for us. My Dads birthday is always around this race and this year he's turning 65.
I found that fuel hose yesterday. Check your PM and i will be more than happy to send it to you.

1971Ford

Reaction
haha yeah its crazy when im at Rescue Racing's shop how fast a transmission swap or engine install takes. I dont work that fast. I also should look over every bolt on the truck because i keep finding loose ones on accident.

VORRA-BJ

Reaction
haha Ryan welcome to the world of off roading, you never have enough time, and always have a long list that grows race by race. I was in yerington this weekend out at Weeks and it was a blast. weather was a little warm but the walker river helped to cool everyone down. Look out for Jake Povey in a few weeks his truck is scary fast!!!!

y2kbaja

Reaction
Prep by Troy will be getting T603 ready as Mike is out of town until the race. So much to do. Can't wait.

I'm sporting a new prerunner too that I can't wait to get dirty. PC Friday anybody?

Say Happy Bday to Ashley as she's turning 16 on tech day.

BCGIrish

Reaction
Prep by Troy will be getting T603 ready as Mike is out of town until the race. So much to do. Can't wait.

I'm sporting a new prerunner too that I can't wait to get dirty. PC Friday anybody?

Say Happy Bday to Ashley as she's turning 16 on tech day.

Dibs on a seat during the prerun.

LoveZRaces

Reaction
I'm with Kev, dibbs on a seat for prerunning.... especially since you didn't make it to weeks! What happened? Also, let me know about Prairie City on Friday Troy.

The weather should be great for Yerington, pack the sunscreen:cool:! I'm sunburned from camping out at Weeks over the weekend.

Can't wait for Yerington.... 11 more days!!! :D

y2kbaja

Reaction
Dibs on a seat during the prerun.

You're going to have to fight Ashley, Grant and Deanna for that seat, they're all dying for the ride. I'm sure I'll be making a couple of laps. Saturday 6am will be the first with a lap making course notes.

I'm with Kev, dibbs on a seat for prerunning.... especially since you didn't make it to weeks! What happened? Also, let me know about Prairie City on Friday Troy.

Ya know, I had somebody meeting me at the house at 11am to buy the 4runner (it's gone) and it was going to be really late anyway.
Friday I'll be at PC after school (about 3:30).

BCGIrish

Reaction
You're going to have to fight Ashley, Grant and Deanna for that seat, they're all dying for the ride. I'm sure I'll be making a couple of laps. Saturday 6am will be the first with a lap making course notes.

Haha okay I'll talk to you when we get to Weed Heights.

BAJA OR BUST

Reaction
I can not wait!!!!! Iam really looking foward to the the race. Still have a ton of stuff to do to the truck.

We had a ok weekend out at weeks, had a few issue but i think we got them figured out

Heres a few pics from the Sam Berri jump

y2kbaja

Reaction
Back in the 80's when we used to race the Weeks course there is a sequence of pictures and Sam is flying quite far. Not sure of how far as I've only seen the pics once. The jump is cool and is close to where we camp and test in weeks.

picture of us testing there last year.

Attachments

• new race truck 040.jpg
    new race truck 040.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 192

BCGIrish

Reaction
The jump is about 1/2 a mile from the Weeks dry lake bed. When you are standing on the peak it isn't so bad but when you are aproaching it at any kind of speed it looks like a 6 foot wall. When we were doing some testing on Mike's new truck last summer everyone was telling Troy that he could have gone alot faster than he did on that jump. I did the jump twice on my quad and nearly died the second time, so I understand why he was hesitant to pin it.

The second picture of my quad is about 1/2 a second from going off the road and landing in a bush and then almost getting bucked off and slamming my chest into the handle bars.

On google earth the jump is located around 39°17'13.56"N X 119°10'24.28"W. Hard to tell though.

Attachments

• newracetruck040.jpg
    newracetruck040.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 178
  • newracetruck057.jpg
    newracetruck057.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 180
  • newracetruck078.jpg
    newracetruck078.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 194
  • quad1.jpg
    quad1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 188
  • quad2-1.jpg
    quad2-1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 193

flyingford

Reaction
Did they ever use this road during the yerington to fallon and back race? Im trying to figure out if it could be the picture in the jump I have of my dads old bronco. Im suprised nobody has more pics of my dads old truck cause everything knows what thing flys like nobodys buisness. I have to scan the pic i have in and post it some time. Would love to see some pics of the flyingford doing what it is known for.
Thanks

VORRA-BJ

Reaction
yes this road was used during yerington to Fallon and back. To this day i think Sam Berri jumping off that jump is the best off road pic ive ever seen. In the pic it looked as Sam was 30 feet in the air. Very cool indeed but to be very honest i havent seen anyone get as much air as Povey was a couple weekends ago. Must be all that Povey power! lol... 4 days away and i cant wait untill the race.

flyingford

Reaction
Yerrington to fallon and back was an awsome race. Wish they would bring it back. I will try to scan that pic in tommorow of my dads bronco going off the jump

LoveZRaces

Reaction
And the count down continues:cool:! 4 days until we're (5 for those arriving Saturday) are in Yerington! It will be a long weekend, but very much worth it, I can't wait! :D
Who's ready & who's racing??

BenStock

Reaction
Anyone have any recommendations for spectators?

Have driven through Yerington but never been to a race there.

Where's some good action spots?

MX808

Reaction
The jump is about 1/2 a mile from the Weeks dry lake bed. When you are standing on the peak it isn't so bad but when you are aproaching it at any kind of speed it looks like a 6 foot wall. When we were doing some testing on Mike's new truck last summer everyone was telling Troy that he could have gone alot faster than he did on that jump. I did the jump twice on my quad and nearly died the second time, so I understand why he was hesitant to pin it.

The second picture of my quad is about 1/2 a second from going off the road and landing in a bush and then almost getting bucked off and slamming my chest into the handle bars.

On google earth the jump is located around 39°17'13.56"N X 119°10'24.28"W. Hard to tell though.

That jump is awsome. When we tested before Henderson last year in our 16 car we were flying it. Its hard to not lift over it but after a few times it gets easier. I wish we were racing yerrington but due to damages from terribles town we wont be able to make it but i will be there saturday prerunning on my bike again.

VORRA-BJ

Reaction
there are a few... first near weed heights after the start there are some cool uphills and passing areas. Also just over the pass coming into check one there is a large jump, kinda hard to find, but the easiest and coolest is just before check one there is a wash than runs next to the access road for about 3/4 of a mile then jumps the access road into check one. Probably the best part on the course for spectating. Hope this helps.