YFZ 450 SUSPENSION

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Here is a swing arm shot.

This is a new design that NO ONE has done yet.

- It uses the stock carrier, there is no eccentric(sp), so ride hight is not changed with chain adjustment.
- Stock carrier already has a double bearing rear, no need to make a new one.
- at least 5/8" of chain adjustment
- Stock skid plate is used as well as brake line clamps.

This thing was design for the customer to install it in the parking lot of the place of purchase with no special tools needed if they so desire to do so.

Attachments

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Here is a close up of the Aluminum Tee-pin trademark spindle, steering is now just as easy as if it were power steering = less fatique and more travle.
We haven't got the shocks yet for the bike so I just put the stock ones on so that I could snap some shots.

Attachments

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Here is one more shot.

We also make a -1.25" swing arm for TT racing, +2 stock shock and spindle arms, as well as +2" long shock arms.

With the honda 450 coming out next week, it will be a busy month for us on that one too.

Attachments

desertratt

Reaction
for some reason that looks wider than 2+

michael_loomis

Reaction
looks good! ....is it me are do the front wheels look kinda small ?

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Nice job on that, very clean looking. I love those spindles..

desertratt

Reaction
yeah it does look good! just wish us poor mortals could abford them!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Well for you poor mortals we offer the other two kits, the stock shock arms and the long shock arms, both kits just replace the arms and still use the stock spindles, and such.

The wheels are stock just the tires are aftermarket.

desertratt

Reaction
it worked for me at the last district 37 race. got 4th over all on saturdays race taking frist in my class. would have had a better over all but i had to stop for gas. sundays race i got 2nd over all and frist in class again.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Have you noticed the front end being kinda "choppy". Some of the cross country guys are saying that the front end, stock, is choppy on the bumps. I measured caster on the bike stock and it was somewhere between 1-2 degress. On our kits we add 5-6 degress for better handleing. Has anyone noticed this. We are thinking about making an upper arm with a slider adjustment to it rather than hiems, so that you don't lose camber.

desertratt

Reaction
i havent noticed the front end being choppy. it does tend to dance back and forth across a fire rode at high speeds though. if you want you can give me a set of arms and i would be more than happy to try them out and give you the feed back

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Eric., try a steering stabilizer and that may or should cure that back and forth/wanderinging feeling. I noticed that when I first purchased my R years ago. I made a steering stabilizer out of one off of a VW bug and it cured that problem.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
That is the feeling that I was talking about, wandering. You would have to talk mark into that one, it is hard for ME to get stuff for free.

desertratt

Reaction
yeah its the same with me. hard to get stuff to give away. i can get parts for myself but thats about it most of the time. unless its for a magazine or sponcerd rider.