You win $100K at a race, what do you spend it on?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Watching Luke win the T1 race at KOH was really something special to watch, something that Luke and the rest of the people watching won't be forgetting anytime soon. Just a guess but I don't think Luke is a day older than 25 and he just won the largest purse in off road history, $100k!!!

What would you spend your $100k winnings on??

retroblazer

Reaction
spend the $100K ? My guess would be he's going to hand it over to the "car owners".

Last edited:

Charlietuna

Reaction
Hire a very good accountant to make sure I can keep as much of that $100k as I can instead of giving it to the IRS...

Paying off part of the $1,000,000 or so that it took to get to that point...

Kick a few thousand down to each crew person that helped get me there...

Hookers and blow...

Any or all of the above

MTPyle

Reaction
I have a feeling that $100K is not much to the McMillin's, It would be like me winning $1000. Yeah its cool but not going to change my life. :)

Pretty sure they spent more than that to win the $100,000. Drop in the bucket.

Mike

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
spend the $100K ? My guess would be he's going to hand it over to the "car owners".

My question was how YOU would spend $100k..

I know nothing about who "owns" the car, nor do I care.

I have a feeling that $100K is not much to the McMillin's, It would be like me winning $1000. Yeah its cool but not going to change my life. :)

Pretty sure they spent more than that to win the $100,000. Drop in the bucket.

Mike

No doubt winning costs a lot, but I'm pretty sure (almost 100% sure) that winning $100k at whatever age Luke is, isn't a drop in the bucket.

jack montgomery

Reaction
Cost analysis- 250 mile race in San Felipe- 2 weeks pre-running- Hotel Rooms and Restaurant costs- Fuel and time off work- Race day 1 month later and costs for crew and purse for 1st= ?

250 KOH race- 2-3 days pre-running- Trailer/Motorhome camping and BBQ- Time trials and race same day- $100.000 Purse!

J Prich

Reaction
The best week/month ever at Paris...

43mod

Reaction
spend 20k on an XX to make into a racer and put the rest in my meager retirement account. $2500 was my largest stock car win ,$22k in a season. Spent all of it racing. maybe that's why my retirement account is so meager :)

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
It’s a full peninsula run this year and I’m guessing it’s 125k to do that race in a TT so I guess I’d put into something that could hopefully make a high return so the Baja Mil was free this year.

100k just ain’t that much money in the TT world but in my world it’s a boat load of money.
I’d pay off the raptor, take my wife on a trip somewhere, probably Europe and put the rest away.
Maybe buy a utv and a new Sig or F&N

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Oh wait I know, I’d run for President! Seems like just about everyones doing that this month.
:rolleyes: ;) :p

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I would spend half on hookers and blow and then waste the other half...

ErikIrvine

Reaction
I'd buy a top of the line pre-runner buggy, used.

AZ7000'

Reaction
It’s a full peninsula run this year and I’m guessing it’s 125k to do that race in a TT so I guess I’d put into something that could hopefully make a high return so the Baja Mil was free this year.

1549919737944.png

Malle Moto, Dakar 2021 if I had the $$$$