• Forum membership has its advantages....

You win $100K at a race, what do you spend it on?

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Gambling and racing income is taxed after gambling and racing losses have been deducted, IIRC.

Spend it all during the next shutdown. Then just watch and repeat:

or simply tell your IRS auditor:

jon coleman

i pay off my credit cards, i havent made a ' minimum monthly in 5+ yrs.there toooo big to fail,&, im toooo small to succeed, so i say we are even.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
100,000 in my world would be awesome -

That is 2 more Rapid Response UTV's to reach racers faster with all the equipment needed to be effective. - 25k each equipped

That is 2 more Motorcycles for our Bike program. - 6k each

That is a few dollars in the bank for the next break - the next oh crap - the next wild idea....

I am happy for Luke and the entire family. At the end of the day, I am betting that the big fake check mounted on the wall, will mean far more than any cash in the bank. To be the first and beat many of the best. You can never do that over..

I went on the Genright tour of the Hammers run on Saturday. The Pelligrinos are amazing people. I asked Tony if a top of the line Ultra4 car costs as much as a Trophy Truck. He said a Mason AWD cost around $800k & that was how much they had into Jordan's new Ultra4. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Last edited:

Big Whitey

I would like to see the college pamphlets from the schools I would be sending Jake Johnson's kids to when I order a new car....
Buy a Penhall fab car. You won’t be sending his kids to college, haha I would call Penhall and tell him the budget just got a bonus and finish my new 5 car rite away instead of making payments on my $6 hr salary

I went on the Genright tour of the Hammers run on Saturday. The Pelligrinos are amazing people. I asked Tony if a top of the line Ultra4 car costs as much as a Trophy Truck. He said a Mason AWD cost around $800k & that was how much they had into Jordan's new Ultra4. Crazy.
I attended as a spectator

[ Military discount, my background being Aerospace/Defense at Caltech/NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory:

1) REDCOM
US Army Readiness Command wargame-simulation

2) Starwars junk
AMOS Air Force Maui Optical Station, monitoring of Russian spy satellites ]

& got a 1st hand view of Ultra4 vehicles. The top cars are like Trophy Trucks, LOTS of custom made parts

"The Ultra4 cars are practically ALL custom made parts, they're worth as much as 1/2 a million $$"
-- Nicole Johnson, 2 KOTH finishes (milestone for female racers in Motorsports), private communication

The Ultra4 #2 of Casey Currie was AMAZING:

Ultra4 KOTH (King of the Hammers): 2019 KOTH Feb 5 (Tue) Ultra4 Q'fying

You can see the other Ultra4 vehicles on Feb 5 Tue (Ultra4 Qualifying/Staging), the suspension is as high-Tech as Trophy Trucks

Vimeo video:

I was in AWE as I was shooting the HD video -- around, under, closeups, etc. Casey Currie & his dad are super nice folk. I had a chance to speak with Cody Currie (Casey's brother) at their shop, on the day they left for KOTH (Wednesday..2 days before KOTH opened on Fri). He works for Casey

I caught the team on the night before race-day (Feb 8 Fri):

Ultra4 KOTH (King of the Hammers): 2019 KOTH Casey Currie Ultra4 #2

Vimeo video:

Unfortunately, the team suffered a DNF -- I was looking forward to seeing them at Chocolate Thunder.

johnnyweb

Cost analysis- 250 mile race in San Felipe- 2 weeks pre-running- Hotel Rooms and Restaurant costs- Fuel and time off work- Race day 1 month later and costs for crew and purse for 1st= ?

250 KOH race- 2-3 days pre-running- Trailer/Motorhome camping and BBQ- Time trials and race same day- $100.000 Purse![/QUOTE You just qouted the budget for watching the prerunning and race not racing it. $100k will be gone in prep for the next race.