Your Dogs

bajaherbie

Reaction
Our son just got this 8 wk old little girl, Laso Apsho & Shih Tzu mix.

Not sure I spelled those correctly!
20200616_202616.jpg

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
After almost two years without a dog, we visited the humane society and picked up the newest addition to our family. He's a year and a half old cattle dog /pit bull mix. He is doing his best to be friends with the cat. As long as he keeps a respectful distance, she tolerates him. She is the matriarch of the family.

Attachments

• IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 31

bprater

Reaction
After almost two years without a dog, we visited the humane society and picked up the newest addition to our family. He's a year and a half old cattle dog /pit bull mix. He is doing his best to be friends with the cat. As long as he keeps a respectful distance, she tolerates him. She is the matriarch of the family.

Great looking pup! Thanks for giving him a loving home.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Give it a winter and a year. The cat will accept your new pupper eventually as long as your new pupper doesn't try to attack it.

I'd say the cat is pretty accepting of the pupper given the pictures and the new doggos knows his place, given his 'role over and play' stance.

Cats are extremely territorial. Mine goes nuts if there's a hummingbird at the feeder. My old cat from 20+ years ago would down right scream if she saw her sister that my nextdoor neighbor adopted, walk onto my driveway.
So it's a good sign that your cat hasn't gone full on murder rampage.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Prior to our new dog, the cat had to deal with a German Shepherd and a Rottweiler.

This little guy is no problem.

Now other cats and the occasional squirrel that may wander by, that's a whole different story.