General Tire’s Rick Johnson battled his way through dust, silt, rocks, and all that the Vegas 2 Reno course had to throw at him. From halfway through the course he was in the lead pack and never looked back as he overalled the 2010 BITD Vegas 2 Reno race.
A few thoughts and observations from the RDC crew.
– Road crossings were stopping race traffic for highway traffic. Before Pit 1 many teams were able to make up much needed time while the racer in front of them were stopped.
– Dust seemed to play a large role as expected in the Nevada desert.
– The 25 MPH rule in all pits seemed to be well excepted by all teams to help with safety.
– IRC was field testing 50 pass alert systems.
– Herbst #19 changed a tranny in Pit 5.
– Sourapas/McMillin lost a cam plug near Pit 7.
Photos by HighRev Photography