Meet Colton “CJ” Greaves, the newest member of the Maxxis Racing team. The son of legendary short course racer, Johnny Greaves, CJ is managing to make a name for himself. In 2010, he was the Pro-Buggy Champion for the TORC Series, and finished 3rd in the Lucas Oil Series for SuperLite. Now he’s stepping up to the ultra competitive Pro-Lite division, where he’s already managed a podium finish in one of his first races. Look for big things and multiple podium finishes from CJ this year and in the future.
1. You’re in your first season racing Pro-Lite after racing in SuperLite and Buggies, how are you adjusting to the competition?
The compition is alot stronger in Pro-Lite, but I try to look at it like its been people I’ve been racing all last year, so I dont let them in my head.
2. This is also your first year racing for Maxxis Tires, how are the tires treating you?
The Maxxis Tires are awesome! They’re gripping so good we’re actually looking at other Maxxis Tires that have less traction.
3. Your dad is one of the all-time great short course racers, do you feel pressure to follow in his footsteps?
My dad is a short course legend, but he doesn’t pressure me to follow what he did. If i wanted to do something different he wouldnt have a problem.
4. What’s your favorite track? Why?
My favorite track is probably Barkriver, because it has really good flow and the dirt sand track layout is perfect.
5. Are there any plans to race in any different series aside from short course? Any races that you dream about driving in?
I am interested in doing a little desert racing but mainly shourt course. The only thing i would like to race is a Formula-1 car.
6. Your dad is also your spotter on the track, does he ever yell at you when you make a mistake?
My dad is my spotter along with Lewy and neither one of them gets mad. I know every mistake I make I have to try and make back up, but they help as much as they can.
7. So, when you tell girls that you’re a race car driver does it make it easier to get their phone numbers?
Oh ya for sure hahaha!