Dakar 2020: The waiting is almost over
- Facts and figures about the X-raid team
- Important dates for journalists
The countdown is running and the start of the 2020 Dakar Rally in Saudi Arabia is just around the corner. Tomorrow the participants will drive across the starting podium in Jeddah, one day later they will start the first stage. The complete X-raid team is on site and has already picked up the service and racing vehicles from the port.
Until the start there is still a lot to do for all participants. The mechanics check all racing vehicles thoroughly. The pilots also completed a short shakedown today. The X-raid team will carry out the technical and administrative checks tomorrow morning at around 8 a.m.
Facts and figures about the X-raid Team
- 7 MINI desert racers are at the start with X-raid: 2 MINI JCW Buggy, 4 MINI JCW Rally and 1 MINI ALL4 Racing
- A total of 9 MINI cars compete in the Dakar
- 11 service trucks and 9 service cars transported the team members from bivouac to bivouac
- The X-raid team comprises a total of over 90 people
- The driver line-up consists of 10 nations
- 18 nations are represented in the whole team
Dates for journalists
- 3 January, 6 p.m.: ASO PK with Carlos Sainz and Stéphane Peterhansel among others (Place: Jeddah Hilton Hotel – North Corniche Road, 21362)
- 4 January, 3.30 – 5 p.m.: Red Bull press conference with Carlos Sainz, Stéphane Peterhansel and Kuba Przygonski (Dakar Village, Red Bull Energy Station)
- To note: Kärcher press conference with X-raid pilots on rest day in Riyadh