MORE McKENZIE’S 300 Update!
MORE has been monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak closely over the past weeks. This week San Bernardino County opened back up all County owned parks, trails, and lakes for passive recreation on a limited scale. The County is also allowing the opening of city and privately owned parks, trails, lakes and golf courses. That being said, there are still strict social distancing mandates in place, but it is our hope that these mandates will be lifted before McKENZIE’S 300 on May 16. If county mandates do not allow the McKENZIE’S 300 to be ran as scheduled, MORE has secured an alternative date of June 6 for the the race to be held. Whether the race is held in May or June all of the “Social Distancing” efforts that we put in place for the Transaxle Engineering Challenge last month will still be in place at the McKENZIE’S 300.
• Main Pit will be extended allowing more space for each race team.
• TECH/REGISTRATION will be by appointment only
• Only the driver of record and one additional person may attend the TECH/REGISTRATION appointment
• All paperwork must be submitted online (Driver of Record will receive all bands at the appointment)
• All credit card payments must be processed online before registration.
• Driver’s Meeting will be broadcast over the MORE Relay radio frequency.
• Race staging area will be closed. (Only 1 pit crew member will be permitted in the staging area)
MORE will continue to monitor San Bernardino County Health mandates closely and provide updates to our race family as they are made. Looking forward to seeing you all back in the desert on May 16!