Rally Spain, 22 – 24 October 2010
Rally Spain is completed and Petter Solberg and Chris Patterson ended in second place. They finished the day 2 in second position, and managed to keep Dani Sordo behind until the finish line. Sebastien Loeb won Rally Spain, and Dani Sordo ended third.
– Our second place today feels really good, says Petter Solberg. – This is a great result for both the team, and us and makes it extremely exciting for Wales in a couple of weeks. I had everything under control today, and drove on the split-times that was send to me in the car. Lost a few seconds when I didn’t get two of the splits, but caught up with that on the next one. Now we will look ahead to Wales, and make sure we are fully prepared, as I really want to win there!
Next event, and the season finale, is in Wales, 11. – 14. November 2010.
Overall classification Rally Spain 2010:
1. Sebastien Loeb, Citroën 3.32.59,7
2. Petter Solberg, Citroën +35,3
3. Dani Sordo, Citroën +41,1
4. Jari Matti Latvala, Ford +1.19,5
5. Mikko Hirvonen, Ford +6.32,9
6. Matthew Wilson, Ford +8.17,6
7. Khaled Al Qassimi, Ford +13.05,7
8. Henning Solberg, Ford +13.11,2
9. Ken Block, Ford +16.01,2
10. Sebastien Ogier, Citroën +17.24,1