The 2010 SCORE Primm 300 was this past weekend and it started off with a bit of controversy. Earlier in the week teams were assessed penalties for testing on or near the race course prior to race day. Rob Mac was DQ’d from the race while BJ and Bobby Baldwin were given a time penalty of 30 minutes, which was later changed to a fine.
Primm is Primm. Hot, dusty, rocky, and beat up from being run on a few times a year. Jesse Jones would take the overall win giving Geiser another win, while Jimco who is newer to the Trophy Truck business would capture 2nd and 3rd with Robbie Pierce and TSCO respectively.
– Jesse Jones gets his second win of the year, which will make the points chase more interesting. After his win in San Felipe Jesse sold the truck to Menzies, will he continue his good luck charm?
– Justin”Bean” Smith probably put in the most miles of the day, racing a few laps in his 16 car, then jumping in and driving the entire race in the COPS Class 1 car.
– Wilson Motorsports had 5 cars in all racing on Saturday, getting podium finishes for 4 of them. Ronnie Wilson would see his name twice in the top 25, finishing 7th OA in his Class 1 car, and finishing 22nd OA spliting driving duties with LJ “Won’t race a mountain bike” Kennedy in Class 12.
– Dave Crinklaw was the first physical vehicle to finish, which was Dave’s first race in not only the Trophy Truck class, but the first time in the truck.
1. Jesse Jones, Litchfield Park, Ariz., Ford F-150 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 4:46:39 (57.44 miles per hour)
2. Robbie Pierce/Mike Julson, Santee, Calif., Alpine, Calif., Chevy Silverado (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 4:50:08 (56.75 mph)
3. Armin Schwarz, Germany/Martin Christensen, Escondido, Calif. (Denmark), Jimco-BMW (Class 1), 4:51:30 (56.48 mph)
4. Gary Weyhrich/Mark Weyhrich, Troutdale, Ore., Ford F-150 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 4:59:17 (55.01 mph)
5. Dave Crinklaw, Reedley, Calif./Mike Thurlow, Kingsburg, Calif., Chevy Silverado (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:01:51 (54.54 mph)
6. Kory Scheeler, Las Vegas, Ford F-150 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:02:12 (54.48 mph)
7. Ronny Wilson, Long Beach, Calif./John Herder, Tucson, Ariz., Jimco-Chevy (Class 1), 5:06:40 (53.69 mph)
8. Josh Daniel, Canyon Lake, Calif./Allen Hickerson, Vista, Calif., Racer-Chevy (Class 1), 5:06:50 (53.66 mph)
9. Justin Smith, Capistrano Beach, Calif., Penhall-Chevy (Class 1), 5:07:39 (53.52 mph)
10. Pete Sohren, Glendale, Ariz., Ford F-150 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:07:51 (53.48 mph)
11. Will Staats, Valencia, Calif./Greg Shapiro, Canyon Country, Calif., Ford F-150 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:08:44 (53.33 mph)
12.Terry Householder, Orange, Calif./Chris Elmer, Yorba Linda, Calif., Playtech-Chevy (Class 1), 5::09:51 (53.14 mph)
13. Andy McMillin/Scott McMillin, National City, Calif., Ford F-150 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:12:40 (52.66 mph)
14. Scott Whipple/Scott Gailey, Norco, Calif., Chevy C1500 (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:13:00 (52.60 mph)
15. Cody Parkhouse/Brian Parkhouse, Long Beach, Calif., Jimco-Chevy (Class 1), 5:19:20 (51.56 mph)
16. Adam Ashcraft, Carlsbad, Calif., Ashcraft-Chevy (Class 1), 5:20:52 (51.31 mph)
17. Adam Householder, Orange, Calif., Chevy Silverado (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5::22:18 (51.08 mph)
18. Perry McNeil, Lemon Grove, Calif./Alfie Bueno, El Cajon, Calif., Lothringer (SCORE Lite), 5:24:22 (50.76 mph)
19. Armin Kremer, Germany/Andreas Aigner, Austria, Jimco-Chevy (Class 1), 5:28:05 (50.18 mph)
20. Justin Davis, Chino Hills, Calif./Daniel Folts, La Habra, Calif., Seagrove (SCORE Lite), 5:30:20 (49.84 mph)
21. Randy Wilson, Lakewood, Calif./Jeff Quinn, Irvine, Calif., Jimco-Chevy (Class 1), 5:35:55 (49.01 mph)
22. Ronny Wilson, Long Beach, Calif./L.J. Kennedy, Orange, Calif., Jimco (SCORE Lite), 5:36:48 (48.88 mph)
23. Nick Vanderwey, Phoenix/Curt LeDuc, Cherry Valley, Calif./Larry Vanderwey, Litchfield Park, Chevy Silverado (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:37:34 (48.77 mph)
24. Cody Freeman/Kenny Freeman, Henderson, Nev., Fraley (SCORE Lite), 5:38:43 (48.61 mph)
25. Damen Jefferies, Apple Valley, Calif., Chevy Silverado (SCORE Trophy-Truck), 5:41:45 (48.18 mph)
Photos by HighRev Photography