The Race Continues: Best In The Desert Announces Covid-19 Mitigation Plans at Jagged X National Desert Cup Presented by Quantum Motorsports
Best in the Desert, America’s largest off-road racing organization, announced today that it is taking precautions to mitigate the potential risk of the Covid-19 virus at the upcoming Jagged X National Desert Cup presented by Quantum Motorsports on March 20-22, 2020.
Recognizing that the health and safety of racers, pit crews, staff, and volunteers remain the highest priority, Best In The Desert is taking the following steps to ensure racers are competing in a safe racing environment and that the event continues as planned:
- Drivers Meetings and all large group gatherings are being restructured. Driver’s Meetings will now be held “LIVE” on Best In The Desert’s Facebook and Instagram channels. As a result, Method Race Wheels Driver’s Meeting Social Hour will not take place.
- Best In The Desert requests that only Driver of Record/Co-Drivers/Riders come to registration. Please leave pit crew and other family members behind in the pits.
- The after-race awards ceremony will not be held. Trophies will be presented at the Ford Mesa finish line podium.
- Best In The Desert will be taking additional sanitation precautions by providing hand sanitizer or hand-wash stations in Port-a-Johns, at registration, and other public areas.
- Registration will be closed to the public. Only drivers/co-drivers/riders should attend.