On the agenda of the 18th Tour de Corse Historique
Though capitalizing on a successful format that comprises 4 days’ racing and 300km of timed special stages, the 18th Tour de Corse Historique will offer a path which is 80% new with 10 special stages that are entirely new or have not been used for a long time.
Notre Dame de la Serra will be longer than ever with 55km next to the sea. The pleasure of driving and discovery will be at its best.
The new host cities will be Bastia and its mythical Saint Nicolas place, as well as Calviwich will offer a parc fermé at the bottom of the citadel. Gatherings will take place at Francardo, La Porta, the unavoidable Porto and its gulf which is a UNESCO world heritage site, and as a last point, the town of Quenza.
· 840km (520mi) to travel.
· 510km (310mi) of connection roads.
· 330 km (210mi) of special stages.
On the agenda of this 18th Tour de Corse Historique :
· Monday 8th, Tuesday October, 9 : administrative and technical check up in Porto-Vecchio
· Tuesday 9th : Porto-Vecchio / Porto-Vecchio – Starting ceremony and shakedown
· Wednesday 10th : Porto-Vecchio / Bastia – 1st stage
· Thursday 11th : Bastia / Calvi – 2nd stage
· Friday 12th : Calvi / Ajaccio – 3rd stage
· Saturday 13th : Ajaccio / Porto-Vecchio – Arrival and podium
Small Semantic Reminder :
VHC (Véhicule Historique de Compétition – Historic Competition Vehicle) : Time attack race, the category follows the modern rally regulations with additional specific rules.
VHRS (Véhicule Historique de Régularité Sportive – Historic Sports Regularity Vehicle) : The main criteria of performance is regularity, the competitors have to match an average speed which is set by the organisers before the stage. There are three different categories : high, middle and low speed.