Day 3 of the 2017 Monster Energy Trail of Missions presented by BFGoodrich Tires was quite a treat. The DA cut straight across the Peninsula out of Bay of LA, first stopping at San Borja Mission. San Borja was a Spanish mission established in 1762 by the Jesuit however the construction of buildings began in 1759. A stone church was completed in 1801 but was abandoned seventeen years later as native populations in this part of the peninsula disappeared. Today, an 8th generation family is still caring for the structures on their property.
The DA also hit the “SECRET ARCH” so well, we can’t share very much more info on that.
Photography by Brian Binkert & Bryan Harrold