• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 Toyo Tires Desert Invitational presented by Monster Energy

51rcr

I hope they want the long track and variety and challenges. Which i think lots of desert racers want it as long as they can have. Use as much desert as ya can so it stays open.
Lots of trucks to cover and with drones now more cameras just have to stream any of them and everyone will love it.

Steve_Sourapas

Do NOT shorten the laps. 300 miles is a good race. This is desert racing, dust isn't always a part of it, but distance and attrition is.
Not suggesting we shorten the total race miles just the lap length so there is some action for the spectators. Heck let's go 400+ miles. It got really boring last year after the first lap. Not Dave fault at all as most of the teams couldn't keep their trucks together including us. I'm confident Dave will do what's best and he should decide as the drivers don't always make the best decisions for the good of the total event. What are you big boys afraid of ???

jon coleman

hmmmm, i recall desert racing is keep equipment together and race at least 8- 10 hrs, thats how I think should be, other wise just bring back mteg stadium trucks

J Prich

Not suggesting we shorten the total race miles just the lap length so there is some action for the spectators. Heck let's go 400+ miles. It got really boring last year after the first lap. Not Dave fault at all as most of the teams couldn't keep their trucks together including us. I'm confident Dave will do what's best and he should decide as the drivers don't always make the best decisions for the good of the total event. What are you big boys afraid of ???
Agreed personally. It's understandably difficult to balance competing interests and I am not suggesting my POV is "truth", just one of 1,000s of perspectives. But agree that you can make the distance as long as you want, but with a small field a shorter loop will keep the action a little tighter. I see this event as almost an "All Star" race if you will. With a small field if everyone gets really spread out it's almost more like a time trial then a race. I understand the complaints about loop race traffic when you're talking about mixed classes, and even large fields in the same class...but this is the cream of the crop so if someone is holding someone up because of dust in THIS field...

ltr450rider

I agree with the shorter laps for spectator viewing pleasure. I think most of the reason why the KOH race is as spectator friendly as it is, is due to the fact that the trucks are forced to slow down through the rock gardens where it creates a very spectator friendly area. Open desert races are cool and all, but boring when a truck come through only every 5-10 minutes for about 10-20 seconds.

It will still be a desert race and take it's toll on drivers and trucks regardless, but give the 100's of thousands of people out there to see these trucks in action a better race to watch.

green787

We wait for hours for the trucks to pass in Mexico..... But now we are going to whine about too long of laps.... Just party with your friends until they come around..... it's more exciting that way.....

Speedster

this is the Toyo Tires Desert Invitational
got nothing to do with desert racing it's a sprint for 100K
Sure felt like a desert race to me last year. Definitely did not feel like a sprint race (except the qualifying loop).

jon coleman

shorter would be cool if the loop had all the bells& whistle s in the track lay out, not just a zoo road type whoop fest, i cant wait for that send it jump at the start of the course every one is chatting about:D

jon coleman

every race ive spectated has one thing in common, the anticipation of v8 trucks comming through a nasty , buggys kinda dance along, but cls 8 just put on a show of destruction, then came the TT....forget about it:eek:

BrentB

Dave, it was perfect last year, other than the side by side start.
Best race in the USA, multi line, real terrain, not follow the leader train tracks.

If guys want to race short lap races go to rage or Laughlin.

ONE_RJ

Who else should be on the entry list that isn’t?
Arciero
Ampudia
Roseler
Ricky Johnson
Letner
Herbst
Jones - both father & son
A. Lopez
Voss
Rick D. Johnson
Both of these guys below have to be in Trophy Spec but get a $10K bonus for a top 5 finish
Kyle Jergensen
Broc Hegar

Ok , who else can win this thing that I am missing?