Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's 1984 PPI Toyota SR5 restoration

No heros

Reaction
I went through this whole thread - PRAYING it wouldn’t deadend. I’m so happy this is still ticking along.

fantastic job. Such a worthwhile endeavour, and thank you for doing it and documenting it so well.

Getrdone

Reaction
Plus one on Wes and Jose! The boy and I just missed you. We checked out the truck and I gave the boy a history lesson. They were working on it when I was there on Dec. 21st!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Plus one on Wes and Jose! The boy and I just missed you. We checked out the truck and I gave the boy a history lesson. They were working on it when I was there on Dec. 21st!
Good news, I haven't bugged them since I dropped it off. I know the body is in good hands and I hope some guys out there buy some bodies to repay Wes and Jose for all their hard work. 2021 should be a good year (for the Toyota anyways), lets cross our fingers.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Little update on the #PPI001. Weston and Jose are busy working on the bodywork to massage it and add support so it is ready for the molds. To remind everyone, McQueen Prototype Design (MPD) and myself worked out a deal to make these body panels available to the public with the blessing from non other than Cal Wells (Owner of PPI and original builder of the truck). Once the molds are complete they will be available through MPD so you can contact them directly, check them out on their website www.mpdfiberbodywerx.com.

you can see in the following photos that they have taken the original body that was a little dinged up and have tightened up the body lines a little.

76FDC5DE-B614-44A8-8F10-F38082F914AC.jpeg

There was a little too much of a gap on the 001 chassis between the door and the front fender so they are massaging that also...

8AA56A6E-392C-4930-AFDF-6FAB5C732937.jpeg

the hood needed a little support where it butted up against the windshield so that was handled....
B31568D4-7EAB-4E25-AF49-356A74FE8DCA.jpeg

mid say they are close with the front end, then they will focus on the rear glass that needs some TLC. So excited to be back on this project after a year long hiatus....

E4D1CC3A-B67D-4ECC-8F31-F2F3679B6705.jpeg

I’ll try and keep the updates coming, probably one every couple weeks......I hope.