Jardine Headers Contact

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
I don't know where to post this, so if this is the wrong spot, mods please redirect it for me. Does anybody have a contact number for Jerry at Jardine Headers? I have been calling this number (307) 234-6499, texting the number and sending messages through FB with no return.

51rcr

Reaction
if you cant get through let me know. I know a sprint car driver from casper that can get info. They built a really nice sweet set of headers for the his car. First time I seen them I was those look like something they would build and turns out they did

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
if you cant get through let me know. I know a sprint car driver from casper that can get info. They built a really nice sweet set of headers for the his car. First time I seen them I was those look like something they would build and turns out they did
That's the problem, I can't get ahold of him. I know he builds a nice header, that is why I ordered one 9 1/2 weeks ago, paid in full and was told they would be shipping in bout 3-4 weeks. I was hesitant to pay in full up front, but he said that is the only way I could place the order and I wanted a Jardine Header, so I took the chance. I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt and trying to stay positive about this, but its getting old after three phone calls and getting the "it will ship tomorrow answer"(in a 4 week time span) and now after 5 days of calling every day(2-3 times a day), no answer. Jerry, if you are reading this, please return my call, you have my number, in case it got misplaced, 714-473-7214

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
Let me know if you do end up getting a hold of him. He owes me a header or two...
At this point Sean, I have now been calling for a week and a half 2-3 times a day with no answer or return call. Not quite sure what to do at this point, I was really hoping that somebody on RDC knew him personally and he and I could get this "issue" resolved. It is really discouraging after reading how he is "the guy" when it comes to Ecotec headers, placing an order and paying him in full....he said he would not build the headers until paid in full... and now getting completely burned!!....I guess at this point the thread can now be moved to the LOOK OUT subject forum!

Sean At CBM

Reaction
Yep you and me both. He doesnt even have a voicemail anymore. I have about 10 other people trying to get a hold of him too. Last time I talked to him was 2 months ago. And guess what? He said the headers would ship the next day....

I might add to this as well. One person did get him to ship something. AN EMPTY BOX!

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
Yep you and me both. He doesnt even have a voicemail anymore. I have about 10 other people trying to get a hold of him too. Last time I talked to him was 2 months ago. And guess what? He said the headers would ship the next day....

I might add to this as well. One person did get him to ship something. AN EMPTY BOX!
Well at least that one person actually got ahold of him and actually got something shipped from him. LOL....what a joke!!

gawdodirt

Reaction
Ok. I have been around off road in it's many forms, for oh, like 35 years plus. Done a lot of Mazda work, but in a former life, did VW's and anything that uses gasoline. Now, In LUCAS format for the regional series. Forgive me If Jardine makes anything other than a 4 to 2 to 1 header, or Tri Y. You guys need to look elsewhere. My reasoning for this is that the Ecotec largely resides, in racing form, at the redline most of the time. The header of choice for engines that do this is the 4 into 1, not the Tri Y. After inspecting the top teams in Pro Buggy, they all use the 4 into 1. Enginelabs.com had a good article on the EcoTec from Danzio, and I have to admit, they have it spot on with a 4 into 1. In the asphalt domain, any limited 4 cylinder engine that stayed at, or near, redline, gets a 4 into 1. So this gave me a YUGE WTF moment.
Now after years in the desert, I know that in the development arena, it's mostly follow the leader. Very few innovators. Sorry, but it's true. Nobody strays very far from what might sell. Gotta keep the doors open. I get that. But let's look outside the off-road box.
Might be time to actually put in some work and make a stepped header for yourselves. It's not rocket science, and if you can fab, you can make a decent header. If not, then there are some great fabbers who can.

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
Ok. I have been around off road in it's many forms, for oh, like 35 years plus. Done a lot of Mazda work, but in a former life, did VW's and anything that uses gasoline. Now, In LUCAS format for the regional series. Forgive me If Jardine makes anything other than a 4 to 2 to 1 header, or Tri Y. You guys need to look elsewhere. My reasoning for this is that the Ecotec largely resides, in racing form, at the redline most of the time. The header of choice for engines that do this is the 4 into 1, not the Tri Y. After inspecting the top teams in Pro Buggy, they all use the 4 into 1. Enginelabs.com had a good article on the EcoTec from Danzio, and I have to admit, they have it spot on with a 4 into 1. In the asphalt domain, any limited 4 cylinder engine that stayed at, or near, redline, gets a 4 into 1. So this gave me a YUGE WTF moment.
Now after years in the desert, I know that in the development arena, it's mostly follow the leader. Very few innovators. Sorry, but it's true. Nobody strays very far from what might sell. Gotta keep the doors open. I get that. But let's look outside the off-road box.
Might be time to actually put in some work and make a stepped header for yourselves. It's not rocket science, and if you can fab, you can make a decent header. If not, then there are some great fabbers who can.
I agree 100%, but in Trophylite you can only run TL approved parts and Jardine is the "new" approved header that from I have heard from other racers is worth the money compared to our current header...LOL...but I guess when you can't get the product, it doesn't matter how good his header is!!

JON-E

Reaction
That's the problem, I can't get ahold of him. I know he builds a nice header, that is why I ordered one 9 1/2 weeks ago, paid in full and was told they would be shipping in bout 3-4 weeks. I was hesitant to pay in full up front, but he said that is the only way I could place the order and I wanted a Jardine Header, so I took the chance. I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt and trying to stay positive about this, but its getting old after three phone calls and getting the "it will ship tomorrow answer"(in a 4 week time span) and now after 5 days of calling every day(2-3 times a day), no answer. Jerry, if you are reading this, please return my call, you have my number, in case it got misplaced, 714-473-7214
My Dad and Jerry go back about 65 years so I had him reach out to Jerry. They spoke today and Jerry asked to have your number forwarded to him. Jerry asked for your name as well. If you aren't comfortable giving that out I can call you myself.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

nils888

Reaction
I have recently spent 4 days on the dyno developing a Motec m1 Direct injection package for the Ecotech. We ran a stock exhaust manifold a 4 into 1 stepped header and a Jardine header on stock 2.4 DI ecotech engine. I did not see much difference between the tri y and the 4 into one. The TRI Y made better mid range torque witch is what you would want in a heavy desert car. The 4 into 1 only made 3 HP more at the peak RPM. Our next step is to run both exhausts systems on my brothers car.

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
My Dad and Jerry go back about 65 years so I had him reach out to Jerry. They spoke today and Jerry asked to have your number forwarded to him. Jerry asked for your name as well. If you aren't comfortable giving that out I can call you myself.

Thank you for reaching out for me! I have nothing to hide, here's my contact...

Tony Sato
714-473-7214
sato158@sbcglobal.net

Jon....first off, thank you for making the effort on this "issue" and thank you for the call last night!!! Hopefully I will receive a call from Jerry now...."that he has my number"....and get my header! At this point, even if I receive the header 8 weeks late, its better than not getting one at all. For other potential Jardine Header customers and guys that are in the same situation as me, I will keep you guys updated with the progress.....Thanks again Jon!!!!

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
Lil update for all....got a phone call from Jerry this morning!!! He had his reasons why my header isn't done yet and promised me that it would ship early next week. I really hope that this matter is finally over with, guess we'll see if it shows up in the mail next week. Thank you again Jon for helping me out on this issue!!!

JARDINE

Reaction
Sorry for falling off the face of the earth. Their are a few reasons for doing so. Some personal some business. First off I'm a one man shop. If everything goes perfect I'm good for a set a day. My benders and other equipment are old, literally the benders have bent 1000's sets of headers. poop breaks, I gotta fix it. It puts me way behind. It put me in a spot were I was not liking to build headers. Still no excuse for the lack of communication.
That being said, I'm not taking any new orders for headers for the time being. I'm hooked up with some oilfield stuff right now and until I can find help so i can build headers I cant cover both. I am doing everything I can to cover the back log.
Sean, who did I send an empty box to? I had one come up missing or stole this spring at the final ups sort facility but haven't heard from any one getting an empty box.
The debate of 4-1vs tri-y has been around since the 60's. Any fabricator can build a beautiful of either one. Few people really understand why and how they work. If you think and believe a 4-1 is superior ask any cup car team, stock class drag racer, etc. Once they run a well designed tri-y they wont be going back.
Btw, my name is Jerod. Jerry is my dad.
307 851-2724 is my cell.
Thank you.

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
Jerod, thank you for the phone call the other day.....a return call goes along way with me. Looking forward to the end of this week and hopefully receiving my new header!

Sean At CBM

Reaction
I got a call from Jerod this morning too. Hoping we got everything sorted out and that a header arrives at our shop in a week or two.

And to clarify, you are right about the box. It was lost or stolen before it made it to the customer. No empty box made it to the customer. But he said he still has not received his replacement header. Sorry for the confusion on my end. I will let you and him deal it out. It just would have been nice to be able to get a hold of you for the past couple of months to know whats going on. I am sure most people thought you closed shop and ran.

mark lewis

Reaction
I have talked to Jerod many times about my header for My class ten, Which He claimed was almost complete and would be shipping within a week I heard that statement at least three times. The last conversation I had with Him on 2/14/18, he claim that all orders were filled and he would have to check out what happened and make a refund! since this has been over a year since I put My order in I have lost faith in Him!