• Forum membership has its advantages....

Robby Gordon TT AWD conversion

Fourstroker

Starting with the mid engine platform he has doesn't seem impossible. Replace the v-drive with a transfer case. Prop shaft off the t-case to a front diff.... Tough part is figure out the front suspension....and then getting it to handle correctly.

Bricoop

Starting with the mid engine platform he has doesn't seem impossible. Replace the v-drive with a transfer case. Prop shaft off the t-case to a front diff.... Tough part is figure out the front suspension....and then getting it to handle correctly.
Yup, they can definitely build it, making it work is a whole other beast.

MTPyle

I know RG wants to be different and create some advantages. He pushes the evelope which is great. My question is how long does he have to be competitive to stay in the prototype business? How many years did he waste on his current truck? crazy motor that was fast but didn't live.

Or maybe thats his strategy. It's like when my sister started dating a married guy. She loved it because she knew he would never ask her to marry her and she would get some time alone. LOL RG just keeps building prototypes so he can have all the hype but never say why he didn't win. He needs the excuse of a broke truck to keep his chin up and feel good.

That being said I think RG is one of the best drivers there is. He needs to just get a stable proven truck and go race. For the record I do not know RG and just playing on my keyboard. I know nothin about his emotional drivers. I do respect the willingness to try new things, we need that in this sport.

Mike

Bricoop

Last year at SEMA he told me he was building a lightweight twin turbo V6 truck with portal hubs, but now as I read what I just wrote I have to wonder if RG was just trolling me...
That's what I was expecting too (not the portal hubs, tho) but that seems to no longer be the plan. I was expecting him to build a proper Dakar replacement. With the rumor of petrol being allowed in Dakar, a twin turbo IFS 4x4 was my guess.

Bricoop

vegasloki

I was expecting him to build a proper Dakar replacement
He's taken a pretty good beating down there in recent years in the car class. He's gone from possibly to hardly. The golf carts though are a place where I think he could shine again as long as it's in the proper golf cart class and not the ones that run with the cars.