• Forum membership has its advantages....

The "Official" Dakar 2019 Thread

michael_loomis

So since RG made it through scrutineering is he in the car class and not speed limited?
He has always been in the car “category”, but in a SCORE class.

He is still in a SCORE class, OP1... but the OP1b for SXS, where as the Gordini and Hummer were OP1a.

Just like in BITD when Class one and TT qualify together and both classes fight for the overall, but there is still a respective TT class winner and Class 1 winner. (Or whatever they call class 1. Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael_loomis

Sounds like he’s trying to convince himself. Haha

“We think we're OK, but to be honest I won't know until tomorrow. [Tomorrow] is only 50 miles, 88 k, but it'll at least give us an idea of how we stack up against the competition. Everything could be possible, we could be in really good shape."

EMS702

Rescue 1
I have to say I am enjoying this Dakar. I follow many of the teams on social media and this is by far the best inside of Dakar I have seen. Murray racing has had some great Instagram stuff, and the Curries will be great to follow if they are able to keep posting through the race. Brabec has also had some good stuff. I am excited for so many American teams this year, no matter what class they are in.

Total Loss

I have to say I am enjoying this Dakar. I follow many of the teams on social media and this is by far the best inside of Dakar I have seen. Murray racing has had some great Instagram stuff, and the Curries will be great to follow if they are able to keep posting through the race. Brabec has also had some good stuff. I am excited for so many American teams this year, no matter what class they are in.
Surprised to see the Murray's down there. They are entered in the race this weekend in Parker.
Guess they are coming home early.

michael_loomis

RG is in for the day. 8:28 off the pace in 17th.

Anyone know today’s terrain?
Dunes. Not overly large or soft though from the looks of the course feeds.

Bricoop

Looking forward to hearing feedback, but this seems like a pretty optimal day for the team. All 3 teammates coming through with decent times. Time to tear them down and see if there's any new car gremlins.

bajaherbie

I saw that too! Hildebrand in 3rd!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Bricoop

Surprise!!!!
Robby Gordon snatches the point @AlAttiyahN with a final time of 55:09, second is the Spaniard Dani Sola to 5:41 and third the American Blade Hildebrand to 6:02. Al-Attiyah, left fourth to 6:32.

bajaherbie

Maybe they deduct his time for when he stopped for fuel?

Klaus

Administrator
Down 8:38 to up 6:32. 15 mins exactly...damn you good.

I’m surprised though. Why refuel during the special? It’s so short.
If you are allowed to.. to cool down the equipment and driver/navigator. Strategy.

bajaherbie

Down 8:38 to up 6:32. 15 mins exactly...damn you good.

I’m surprised though. Why refuel during the special? It’s so short.
I remembered the earlier posts about the fuel stops and the time.

Also the Dakar app shows a gas pump by some of the racers, indicating the stop for fuel.