• Forum membership has its advantages....

TIJUANA 21st SCORE DESERT CHALLENGE

Baja Bryan

Change for upcoming Rosarito race... Glad to see SCORE did not throw the towel in. We still got a race....

SPECIAL ADVANCE NOTICE

Round 3 of four-race 2017 SCORE World Desert Championship

moving north as the TIJUANA 21st SCORE DESERT CHALLENGE

New Race Dates are Sept. 21-24, 2017

Multi-lap SCORE Baja race in new venue features races on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday;

Registration dates and Event schedule will be posted soon at www.SCORE-International.com

ENSENADA, Baja California, Mexico — Moving to the largest city on the Baja California peninsula, SCORE International has announced that SCORE Desert Challenge, Round 3 of the four-race 2017 SCORE World Desert Championship, will be held in the Greater Tijuana area, with tech/contingency in the downtown area. Race course will be located on the southeast outskirts of Tijuana in the popular local area called Los Casian.

The City of Tijuana and the Tijuana tourism groups have stepped up and offered SCORE a strong, multi-year contract that moves the race from nearby Rosarito Beach, where it was held last year. Motorcycles, quads and a group of car classes will race in split heats on Friday with the remaining car and truck classes running the first heat of their race on Saturday and second heat on Sunday.

“We appreciate all that Rosarito Beach did to launch the Baja version of the popular SCORE Desert Challenge, but as they were unable to host this year’s race, we are extremely pleased that the City of Tijuana, which has significantly more resources, is able to welcome this popular SCORE racing event,” comments Roger Norman, SCORE President/CEO. In addition, “Located close to the U.S. Border at San Diego, it will also provide an easier access and departure from the race, making attending and/or participating in this event easier than the other Baja races in our SCORE World Desert Championship.”

SCORE is also working closely with the Tijuana Hotel Association to secure room blocks for race teams, sponsors, media and the SCORE staff at five-star accommodations in the city.

Baja Bryan

Could go either way if everyone knows about it most wont cross the border those days. Otay in TJ ,Tecate, Mexicali east and west, Algodones, San luis are also border crossing options. 7 other border crossings in a 100 miles should even out the traffic.

9rocky

Southbound lanes only, and the racers at least, should already be down there prior to the closure.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Great to see TJ back in a SCORE event since the 1995 Baja 1000, I hope City officials make a big and safe event to give another image of the city and people, and aiming higher to get another Baja 1000.

It looks like Ave. Revolución for contingency and Rancho Casian in Blvd 2000 for the race course (similar has last year with variations).

I'm from TJ, if you need any tips or info, just PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

9rocky

DRZ_Motorsports_119

A lot of the access roads, I expected to be close for spectators has last year, there was a lot of police.

swiftracing5

Well we were in Rosarito for less than an hour for the drivers meeting last year and got stuff stolen from the truck, doesn't seem to matter if it's TJ to Ensenada. Gotta be on your toes the whole time.

buckwild

I'm a die-hard off-road racing fan I'd pretty much go anywhere to see a race but there's no way in hell I'm going near Tijuana or Rosarito not worth it

FlyBoynTN

Well we will loose money on the housing we booked already for Rosarito. Not sure we will make this race due to work constraints. I'm sure there is more to the story but a change of location and dates all 2 months out is a bummer...

AZ7000'

With that many fewer going south that weekend heading north Sunday/Monday should be a piece of cake??

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert