On Topic Wilwood Brakes on bronco

Baja Bronco

How/ what parts do I need to put rear Wilwood disc brake conversion on a bronco, I would like to put dual Wilwoods.

partybarge_pilot

There is not an easy way to do it.

The easiest is to get a plate cut out the sandwichs between the snout and the upright that the caliper can bolt to.

I have a DXF of the plate to use Wilwoods a with Dodge 13" rotors if your interested.

Or you can cut off the stock ears and weld on a plate to bolt the caliper to.

Mark Newhan

There is not an easy way to do it.

The easiest is to get a plate cut out the sandwichs between the snout and the upright that the caliper can bolt to.

I have a DXF of the plate to use Wilwoods a with Dodge 13" rotors if your interested.

Or you can cut off the stock ears and weld on a plate to bolt the caliper to.
There's an easier way...

Mark Newhan

What is it ?
I'll try and get a picture for you. I did some willwood 6 piston with 14" rotors and made a bracket. I have it drawn up and Waterjet'd. I don't have the Bronco here, so it may take a bit. It does require cutting the stock caliper bed/brackets down and drilling two holes per side.

BHollander

I have set ups for the front end. But sounds like he wants a rotor option for the rear. Here are a couple pics of what we do for the front to run a 14" rotor. Usually we package with our fabricated uprights but a few customers have packaged with stock uprights. I did have a customer that used our aluminum rotor adapters for rear end but I have not personally so I do not know how big of a pain it was.
13895011_1313914545303000_1335172129637306663_n.jpg
13912302_1311718725522582_2722965499530161901_n.jpg
18581833_1632120286815756_5235368235556243537_n.jpg

DeRaRa

On the rear of my bronco I installed a Wilwood disc brake set up I've attached a picture its hard to see it, they supply a bracket that bolts to the flange and has two ears to bolt the caliper to it.

REAR CALIPER.jpg

Dirtracer 619

Hey we just broke an axel and had bolt on caliper mounts that slid between the bearing seal and the flange. Which means unless you have a spare set you cant change an axel. Well everything got bent up when the axel broke.

And i cannot find what i had so was hoping you you had some part numbers for the brackets rotors and rotor hats it looks like im starting from scratch again
Thanks. Dirtracer

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

Chris Tobin

Hey we just broke an axel and had bolt on caliper mounts that slid between the bearing seal and the flange. Which means unless you have a spare set you cant change an axel. Well everything got bent up when the axel broke.

And i cannot find what i had so was hoping you you had some part numbers for the brackets rotors and rotor hats it looks like im starting from scratch again
Thanks. Dirtracer

Good reminder to write down and log part numbers for any oddball custom parts and crossmatch references for any parts you use in any custom build.

Dirtracer 619

Yea what he said. .

retroblazer

Thanks. Dirtracer

Call Sandy Cone at Cone Industries in Templeton, Ca. He’ll be able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Bert is my name

What rear axle are you running? If you are in the San Diego area I would give pro gear a call. They so rear disc conversions all the time. Those guys have and do build some oddball configurations. They will have the knowledge and ability to steer you in the right direction. If it is a 9 inch then there shouldn't be a problem finding a kit to make it happen without much trouble. 8.8 shouldn't be too bad either. I would look around the mustang forums. Those guys have basically figured out the disc brake swaps.